Mouse not working bug returns again on XBOX with Beta

XBOX X

I previously had huge problems with with my wired mouse not clicking which finally was fixed with an update a few months ago.Sadly the Beta has brought it back again for me .I have deleted / reinstalled the Beta 3 times now but it does it everytime.

I have given up and gone back to the Current build and the mouse now works fine again .Any other XBOX users having the same problem on the Beta?

I too have this issue again, not as often as it once was but it did come back to haunt me once again in the beta at times. Hope they fix this quickly and that it doesnt take months again or better almost a year

I can’t get the mouse to click at all,cursor moves ok,I loathe the mouse not working bug much more than the SU9 degraded performance personally so I am done with the beta for now.

I am having the same problem with xss.
I have no choice but to use the xbox controller to control it.

I tried using the controller instead but it was too fiddly for me to do some proper testing ,can’t teach an old dog new tricks…

It’s so annoying seeing this bug return even if its only rare that it happens for me it does happen and last night it happened at the moment i was in a fun long flight. So annoying that a bug that haunted Xbox for almost a year finally got fixed a couple updates ago and now gets reintroduced again. I seriously hope this bug is going to get fixed again before release or we end up with a lot of unhappy xbox people again.

1 Like

Hi everyone - Xbox Series X here, I’m occasionally having an unresponsive mouse as well. Until it’s fixed again, here’s a workaround that works most of the times:

• Open up a different game/app via Home Button → app of your choice (Youtube works well - opens up fast)
  • return to the Sim via quick resume

This should alleviate the issue for now.

While that fix it for the time being doing so is not recommended it has become a known fact that using quick resume in flight sim causes extreme lag

I have tried that fix in the past multiple times but only worked for me on one occasion sadly.

That’s a bummer to read. I’ve updated my post to reflect your situation.

Funny enough, my Sim doesn’t run noticeably worse out of quick resume - at least not when quickly switching over to secondary apps such as Youtube or Spotify. Guess this is where the Sim experience differs wildly for all of us, huh?

Hope this issue will be dealt with soon, for all of our sakes.

This sim is wierd , my mouse is working ok but my keyboard has stopped working , also running the new Beta on Xbox X

For me it helpes to disconnect all peripherals like keyboard, hotas etc. before starting the game. After klicking the mousebutton in the start screen you can reconnect all devices and the mouse will continue working.
Just a workaround but it worked all the time on XBox (changed to PC so I don‘t know if it works for your problem).

1 Like

Also not the solution for everyone, all these things might or might not work and they all been posted many many times over and over throughout a year. This just simply needs to get fixed again. We dont want to degress back to old bugs

2 Likes

XBOX X

After grief with the mouse I have had another go with the Beta and installed again .This time I installed Beta then shutdown ,unplugged Xbox power ,but left mouse usb still connected to Xbox,restarted and it works for now…

O it wil, happen again, all these tricks never solved anythinb it just looks like ut for the moment

This bug is not just happening in the beta, but also in the SU 9 build too. Just started yesterday.

Reverted from beta to SU9 and the mouse won’t work there either. Xbox series S user

Update on my previous post.
I had the bug return on Beta again after a few restarts …so I permanently left the Beta a couple of weeks ago and mouse wise it has cured the problem immediately for me and has stayed good ,personally I’m dreading the mandatory SU10 next month :face_with_peeking_eye:

Xbox X with a cheapy Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse combo, both seem to work as expected for me, on SU10 Beta (and previous). No custom mappings tho.