MSFS 2020 and stutters

Most certainly I was not able to make myself clear… So here you have a video that hopefully should explain this matter better:

(To be watched @ 4K 2160P 60. Sorry, a bit long). I have renounced to blend-in an FPS counter, because this is not about FPS, but rather about what a PC Flight Simulator worth of its name should do: Giving the felling of flight trough a fluid movement, and bring correct representations, both visually and technically, of the planes themselves, and the effects that wind, altitude, rain, damage etc. has on said planes. If a photorealistic landscape with all the eye candy is also possible, welcome, as long as it does not negatively impact the fluid movement.

In addition of the settings with which the video was made, (see screenshots), my Internet connection is 200 M/Bit fiber, working flawlessly. Fresh latest Nvidia drivers, clean installation, all defaults. MSFS v. 1.11.6.0.

Similar stuttering, clearly visible in the video, happens no matter what, settings at low-end, rolling cache on from 200 GB to 1 TB, or off, manual cache in high, medium or low quality or all three regions in all resolutions, up to 1 TB, or off. Photogrammetry on or off, online or offline, all the well-known tweaks of the Nvidia settings, and Windows 10, It’s been almost a month of trying all the possible variations. And yes, I am aware that the Cessna 172 would give a bit less stutters…. But then again, the Citation or the A320 would be even worse…

My efforts were aimed at depict similar situations on both simulators. The settings on the “other” flight simulator are at its highest levels, 4K, even manually tweaking the shadow map up to 4096…

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370
CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz
Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000
Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB
Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K
1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB C:
1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB D:\ (Here is MSFS installed).
Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004
CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

5 Likes