MSFS 2020 is complete when

Hey folks,

take a smile on your face, even if not everything is funny now.

Give me some more crazy ideas!

1 Like

What I want is simple; I want to get into a plane - any plane - and be able to consistently fly from point A to B with a reproducibly good experience.

Performance is one aspect only. If I can get consistent frame times and a frame rate that doesn’t dip below 30, I’m good. And I used to get that prior to the Dec VR update. Major updates since then have just made performance worse and worse to bring me to the current sub-20 fps I’m seeing. But again, that’s just 1 aspect.

I’d like ATIS to be accurate to weather in the sim (whether it matches real world or not, but preferably does). It’s useless as it currently is.

I’d like ATC to not slam me into the side of a mountain during IMC conditions or not order me to climb to flight levels at 10NM from my destination airport while flying a Cessna 172.

I’d like to be able to fly more than 1 mission without having to restart due to live weather not working after first flight.

I’d like to be able to punch my approach into my FMS without it turning me around to a new imaginary waypoint that’s anywhere from 1-50NM behind me.

I’d like to be able to alter my flight plan in my FMS without causing it to freeze up.

I’d like Direct To to actually function as it’s supposed to.

I honestly don’t think I’m asking for much. Most of those issues, I can easily work around. But I shouldn’t HAVE to.

When I can experience that, I’ll call it “complete”, and anything we get after that is basically bonus content as far as I’m concerned.

4 Likes

Exactly. When it fully integrates with GTA 6, The sim is complete.

2 Likes

Like yourself you mean?

I quoted this:

When I can consistently have smooth, problem free flights from startup to shutdown every single time no matter where I fly.

What this person asks for already exists. Doesn’t matter that there are problems with the sim, then this person should wish for error x or y to be solved. So yes, I would say this to his/her face because I can show problem free flights, I’m sorry you missed this detail.

They mentioned revamping weather as they better integrate data from Meteoblue, but it will take months to implement it in the sim because it’s such a big project. I bet during the summer we’ll start to see some big improvements.

When I can get insect bites after landing in a jungle somewhere at dusk:-)

3 Likes

I know what you quoted. I read it.

Doesn’t matter that there are problems with the sim, then this person should wish for error x or y to be solved.

Actually it does, that’s literally what this entire topic is based around. What’s your standard - what do YOU consider complete. Who are you to tell them how they should respond to the topic question? And who’s to say they didn’t report the issue and “wish” for those fixes?

The sim IS currently broken for a significant portion of us and it’s NOT hardware related (as your comment states). And for THAT reason, which Asobo has acknowledged if you clicked the link, is why some may not consider this sim complete.

It’s that simple. Like why not go yell at the guy below me and tell him that fog and visibility is already in the game and he should just wish for fixes…like lol?

3 Likes

fog/visibility is better when no clouds reported, i’m sure it will come along in time :slight_smile:

I hope it is never complete, and they continue adding and developing for a very very long time.

1 Like

… ground effect is finally fixed

The question is when will I see it as complete, and I answered. It will be complete when we aren’t focusing on landmarks and scenery and when we can start talking flight models and getting into study-level flight ops. that’s what I consider a good sim…

I’m entitled to that opinion

3 Likes

When I can fly with the helicopter low and slow , identifying the houses, gardens , workplaces and favorite spots of my friends in various continents:)

1 Like

One possible friendship just made impossible. No way I want your bloody heli near my house or garden.
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

When I can control it with the mouse like I could in FSX without third-party software hacks. AND they restore the helicopter and the glider and the Goose and all the other great stuff from FSX.

when? when mfs 2030 is released! :smiley:
no, more seriously.
for the game in 1 or 2 years I think, it will be pretty good.
for the graphics… 10 years and still, not sure.
Why, simply that today the graphics advance is ahead of the capacity of our machines. there is 4k, 8k tomorrow 16k
screens 60 Hz 120 hz tomorrow maybe more. Maybe in the current state of development, in 10 years our Intel I20 9900K and our RTX 10080 OC GTX will be able to run MFS in ultra at 120 FPS for 4K 120HZ screens, and in VR the same at 90 HZ or I do not know maybe 120HZ, I do not follow VR anymore, I do not know at what frequency they are clocked today. but for the 8 and 16k we will be at the same point as today because they say, they will modify, improve, but add content, effects, so we will surely be at the same point, until the game does not evolve, that there will be new technologies, and that our machines will finally have passed the power required to run MFS 2020 and run with our screens of the day, so 5 to 10 years after the stop of development of MFS 2020.
it’s not due to MFS, it’s like that for many resource-intensive games since ages.

1 Like

Hopefully sooner…I might be dead

1 Like

yes, the same, I have already passed, not long ago to 1 cm of death, so it could happen to me again, I do not want to appear pessimistic, but I think I am not mistaken much. :innocent: :grinning:

1 Like

Let’s, at the very least, hope not

1 Like

…the next Flight Sim from MS comes out.

Simple.

2 Likes

50-80 FSX style scripted missions & tutorials (with more aircraft variety included or released before).

FSX had 51. The Acceleration pack a year later added 37 more. MSFS is very disappointing on that front for now.