Msfs 2020 not running correctly (warning a running process may be interfering)

#1 place to check is your HOST file.

Addons like the Google Scenery addon, change that, so your sim gets data from Google instead of Bing,

Other disruptive apps can also mess with your Host file, causing your web browser to go off to unexpected sites for nefarious reasons.

The notice is real, it is displayed when your sim is blocked from contacting the server.
It mentions a few reasons why that can be.

FYI. the Splash Screen startup app for MSFS, goes some way to address this, by getting its Splash Screen Image from one of the MS FS servers. No splash screen image = No connection.

Its not a 100% indication of an issue, but it does give you a clue .

In an idea world, if know, the Splash screen could display the Current Status of important MSFS servers.

Such automated info may NOT be however available, or else the Community Managers would not have to update the Forum MSFS Server Status Page Manually ???

ie If such data WAS available programmatically, it would be a good move to display it on this Startup splash screen, so one would know, BEFORE the long wait to load MSFS, only to find that there is a server issue !!

Anyone know if it IS available and how to get it ??

2 Likes

Hi!
I’m on pc, MS store version (game pass), no dev mode, never used.

This error appears on start-up , a few second before the principal screen., If I click on “ok” the sim restar again with the error.

I was able to fly last time last monday, with no issue.

My pc specs: AMD 5600x, GTX1080, 32gb, (no OC!)

I am on win 11 22000.527 - MSFS2020 1.22.2.0

Tryed to reset the hosts with no results.

Tryed to reistall the sim

Tryed to unistall NOD32 and without Firewall

Tryed to disconnect the account on ms store then unistall th xbox app, reistall all

Tryed with no addon in the community fold

But, dear N6722C
“No splash screen image = No connection”
and my first screen is “Xbox game studios”
so, why this happen? :roll_eyes:

Did you have the Bing Map replacement mod installed?

I installed it about 2 month ago, tryed only one time and uniatallled.

Did you uninstall it, or just remove it?
If you just removed it, download the latest version, install it, then using it’s uninstaller, uninstall it.
The mod writes to the Window’s host file, and if those entries are not removed, it will result in what you see.
Doing the above will fix that.

1 Like

removed the file and pc restart ?.. then the reason was may not the google-addon.

But somewhat is may still blocking the connection and in special with ESET we have no good experiance. Have you used the uninstaller and checked registry for some junk ?
May ESET is not the cause, but I have some topics about in mind and so may double check that all of these tool is gone.

2 Likes

Hi,
yes removed and restart, the hosts file is totaly blank.

Unistalled ESET and restarted the pc
restarted the modem/router
turn off windows AV and firewal
closed all no needed background process
I am going to be crazy!!!

There is no reason
:frowning: Totally no sense, “yesterday” I flyed
today no

the pc goes wonderfully, it’s new, I don’t think to format

Anyway, thanks for your help!!

1 Like

This is a summation of all the “fixes” I can find in the forum here.
Some of this you may have done, but it “may” be of some help.

Ensure all addons are removed from the Community folder, and any 3rd party plug-ins such as Navigraph etc., are uninstalled.
Remove any overclocks you have set up.
If you have used the Google map replacement, uninstall it using it’s uninstaller.
Ensure any third party antivirus programs (Avast, AVG, etc) are shut down.
Ensure you have an open path through the Window’s firewall.
Ensure all Windows updates are installed.
Make sure the time and zone in your PC settings are correct.
Sign out of the xbox app on your PC, and shut down Xbox app.
Sign out of MS Store App, and shut down same.
Shut down computer.
Unplug all controllers, except mouse and keyboard.
Restart computer.
Open and sign into Xbox app.
Open and sign into MSStore.
Reboot computer again.
Try sim.
Plug in controllers.

2 Likes

Hi TheSevenflyer,
thanks for your help.

I tryed everything you wrote but still the error persist.

I reinstalled fs2020 for the third time, without any addon (fbw, fs2crew, navigraph, fsuipc
), without AV (eset), reset ms store and Xbox app
 totally vanilla
 but still the error

I am going to consider to format
 :sob:

VI

If you have gone this far and still no luck, try a Windows reset.
I have seen that work in some cases, and may save you from having to format.

1 Like

I came right with the removal and reinstallation of Navigraph and FSUIPC. I’m not sure which was the problem

If you did a sim update (WU or SU) and did not uninstall Navigraph and left it in your community folder during the upgrade, that probably was the issue.
It is a well known one.

I can’t take this anymore, i can’t fix it. Nothing i read here works. I payed for the full game of the year premium deluxe and i am prepared to let it rot. Going back to P3d V4. If someone posts a fix that actually works, i may try again but for now i am just going to consider myself scammed by this company. So, good luck.

If you would like some help, you will need to give us some specifics of your issue.
A rant such as posted doesn’t give much to go on!

2 Likes

Specifics, well what can i say more that what’s already been said. Same error, tried everything, reinstalled windows, relogged, reinstalled, formatted, disabled firewall, defender, everything. Bought on Windows Store, installed through x-box app.

Hi all,
I resolved with a win 11 reset and a full reinstall of the sim. I previous backup my community fold and was very easy restore it like before.

But now
 comes the funny side
 reinstall all other programs :scream::scream:

thanks all for your help! :blush:

1 Like

Ok, that’s good to know.
Some of these steps you have already done, but ensure they are still valid.
I’m not sure what you may have installed already, so again, some of these steps may not apply.

Ensure all addons are removed from the Community folder, and any 3rd party plug-ins such as Navigraph etc., are uninstalled.
Remove all overclocks you have set up.
If you have used the Google map replacement, uninstall it using it’s uninstaller.
Ensure any third party antivirus programs (Avast, AVG, etc) are shut down.
Ensure you have an open path through the Window’s firewall.
Ensure all Windows updates are installed.
Make sure the time and zone in your PC settings are correct.
Sign out of the xbox app on your PC, and shut down Xbox app.
Sign out of MS Store App, and shut down same.
Shut down computer.
Unplug all controllers, except mouse and keyboard.
Restart computer.
Open and sign into MSStore.
Open and sign into Xbox app.
Reboot computer again.
Try sim.
Plug in controllers.

If this doesn’t get anywhere, if there are any error messages you get, or if you can give an estimate of where things hang up, it would help.

Keep in touch, we’ll try to get you successfully into the air!

None of those work. Waste of time. I spent 18 hours yesterday and over 15 hours today on fixing this. Will have to leave the install over night now for god knows what reason and i i’ll put this thing to rest. In the ground, where it belongs.