MSFS 2020 will not load?

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

no

Brief description of the issue: FS will not load, I have double-clicked for 2 days now. Run as admin does nothingt. Do I need to reinstall?

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hi @ThreeNote425397. I am sorry to see you having these difficulties. Before reinstalling, here’s a link to a Microsoft Checklist that may help you sort out your problem. No guarantee this will help, but it is definitely worth a shot.

I was having the same will not launch (load) problem after installing Windows 11 22H2.

See my thread. I finally had to do a clean install via the Windows Create USB
and formatting both my C: and D: (FS2020) drives at the first part of the install.

Xbox app seemed to work okay. I think the problem was in the MS Store app.

Thanks Ron! I checked and I am running win10; now i will try this xbox thing but i don’t have an xbox. I downloaded from the MS store.

Download and install xbox app.
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/apps/xbox-app-for-pc
Sign in.
Restart PC.

Launch xbox app
Select msfs > play

I have the xbox app. In the library i have MSFS, i am signed in to the Store. Nothing works?? Does anyone have a suggestion of what to do now? I don’t want to uninstall and reinstall if there is a solution that will work. Running win10.

Would removing the community folder work?

does nothing happen or does it crash while start ?

Can you open windows event viewer and check for a possible error message ?

allways an important step for narrow down issue :wink:

You can simply rename it and create an empty one by it’s side, that way you can reverse it later once 3rd party devs have fixed their mods (although you will probably need to update some of them).

Thanks for assisting. I will give it a try. It never loads, I see a quick minisecond flash like the outline of the program, but nothing happens. I am really frustrated!!

I couldn’t start MSFS today, instead the MS Store opened with a failure message. That was a first, as normally it would display the Gaming Services site. I fear your problem is different, but you may want to try the following anyway:

In the Windows search bar, type Windows PowerShell
In the menu, select “Run as administrator.”
In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

After that, search for Microsoft Gaming Services in MS Store and install.

Helped me every time so far, but as I said: your problem seems different. Good luck!

If you have the MS Store displayed.
It should look like this:

Click the “Open” button. Does it work?
Mine used to say, “Open with Xbox app”

Click the “Update” button.

If Microsoft Flight Simulator does not show up, Check that you purchased it in your current Windows Account screen.

Sorry if this is off topic, but I cannot pass this screen. It has been awhile since I have played and after the windows 11 update I decided to jump on. I have reinstalled several times, ran as admin with same result.

Reinstalled what?

I Uninstalled and reinstalled the game

Try updating Game Services, XBOX etc from the MS Store. Connect with all and try again, if it does not work try logout from accounts and login again.

The white rectangle has me stumped.

I once had a lot of trouble getting FS2020 installed.
My FS2020 is on my D: drive. Formatted it.
And finally FS2020 installed okay.

Also just installed Win11 22H2 and then FS2020.
FS2020 would not launch from MS Store or Xbox app.

Finally during 3rd attempt at the Win 11 22H2 install,
I had the install Format the C: drive and then install.

Don’t let the Win 11 install program pick up anything from your old drive.
Click up the screen for a prompt to do a new install when it asks if you want to
keep …

I did not do this twice and it picked up the problem from the old installation.

You will have to re-install everything.
Get a backup ready but the backup may have the problem.

Really, the Win 11 22H2 install from a USB (Windows Media Creation)
is really fast.

If you have your → InstalledPackagesPath “D:\FS2020” -<
backed up, theFS2020 install is quick.

Good luck.
It is a terrible feeling when FS2020 will not install.

So after not being able to find the location to re-install yesterday, when i started the computer today the xbox thing appeared by itself, and there was premium deluxe waiting to be re-installed. So that took maybe 10 min.

Now I have this message: c;\programfiles\windowsapps\microsoft flight simulator 1.27.21.0 No applicable app licenses found.

I am just a computer dummy, but don’t want to hire a computer repair service.

It must be listed in your Microsoft Account that it has been purchased.

Be sure you have the right Microsoft Account on your computer.

Running W10 - after 2 uninstalls, and reinstall, Nothing?
I am giving up for today. And yes, using the one and only account on this computer.