MSFS 2024 Aircraft lineup

I haven’t seen a list of confirmed aircraft in MSFS 2024 on here, so let’s compile one. This list is based on the two trailers and yesterday’s FSExpo stream. I’ve added the developer as far as they have been confirmed.
Important point: Jörg confirmed that all of these planes will be in the base edition of the sim.

New in MSFS 2024

• Aeroelvira EA-7 Optica, Got Friends
  • Airbus A330 -200/-300 General Electric CF6 + Rolls Royce engines, iniBuilds
  • Airbus A400M, iniBuilds
  • Airbus Beluga XL, iniBuilds
  • Airbus H125, Asobo
  • Airship Industries SkyShip 600 Blimp
  • Air Tractor AT-802, Asobo
  • Boeing 737 MAX 8, Asobo
  • Canadair CL-415 water plane, Asobo
  • Cessna 188 AGtruck, Carenado
  • Cirrus SF50 Vision Jet, FlightFX and Working Title
  • de Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter, iniBuilds and Hans Hartmann
  • Draco X bush plane, Got Friends
  • Erickson S-64 Aircrane, Blackbird Simulations
  • Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt, DC Designs
  • FlyDoo Hot Air Balloon
  • Jetson ONE
  • Joby S4 E-VTOL, FlightFX
  • Magni M24 Orion, BlueMesh => there will be 3 new ultralights
  • MX Aircraft MXS-R (ARF), iniBuilds
  • Pilatus PC-12 NGX, Carenado
  • Robinson R66, Carenado
  • Stemme S12G, Got Friends
  • Zivko Edge 540 version 2+3, iniBuilds

From the Reno expansion pack that will be included in the MSFS 2024 base sim:

• Aero L-39 Albatros
  • Aviat Pitts Special S1S
  • North American P-51 Mustang
  • North American T-6 Texan

Already in MSFS 2020 (1)

• A320, Asobo (2)
  • A320v2, iniBuilds (2)
  • Cabri G2, Asobo
  • Cessna 172
  • Cessna 208 Caravan, Asobo
  • CubCrafters XCub
  • Diamond DA62
  • Hughes H-4 Hercules “Spruce Goose” (2)
  • McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 Hornet
  • Ornithopter (don’t recall where I’ve seen it, might not be correct)
  • Rolladen-Schneider LS8 glider

(1) It is expected that all planes that are included in MSFS 2020 will be available in MSFS 2024 as well. Jörg: “this is exactly what flight simulator 2020 is plus a ton more, so we didn’t take anything away, all we did is add” (https://youtu.be/a6riRXgRsCU?t=750)
The ones above are just those that we could already see in one of the trailers.
(2) In addition to those in the trailers a few planes have been mentioned in an interview with FSElite at FSExpo 2024.

Feel free to add / correct, I’m sure I’ve missed something.

13 Likes

Nice list! I like lists :slight_smile:
Won’t all the ones we have in 2020 also be in 2024 though? Like C172, Bonanza, F-18, TBM930, Pilatus Porter, CJ4 etc etc.

Or is your list intended to be just NEW additions?

2 Likes

As far as i know, that’s never been confirmed, but you’d assume that would be the case

I don’t think they’ve confirmed that all the planes from MSFS 2020 will be in MSFS 2024 as well. So I’ve just added the ones I’ve seen in both trailers and the FSExpo stream.
Edit: I’ve split up the list into those that are new in MSFS 2024 and those that have already been in MSFS 2020.

3 Likes

Could do without the Bonanza… but it scares me what they’d replace it with for model matching as we’d end up seeing that a lot!

@Newspawnz At a glance, think you missed that Skycrane helicopter (not sure the full name off the top of my head). And I’m sure there was that little drone ultralight. Sec, I’ll try and find it.

EDIT: scrap that, you have got it lol

What is the crop duster plane?

1 Like

The skycrane would be the Erickson S-64 and the ultralight is the Magni. More like a drone would be the Jetson and the Joby.
The crop duster is the Cessna 188.

1 Like

That list is severely lacking so lets hope there will be more.

With Forza, the other vehicle sim series produced by Xbox Studios, most vehicles from prior titles carry over, often including their version of premium/Deluxe cars.

The don’t all make it but usually most do, at least until a generational reset when models must be rebuilt to look next gen.

Sometimes a license issue will prevent a car from being ported to the sequel.

No clue if it will work the same this time. But this is another vehicle sim with the same producer securing rights.

I think they will want to build that hangar size if possible.

2 Likes

That’s only the ones “confirmed” which were showcased on the trailer. That list for sure is incomplete and I’m up to 90% sure it will include most MSFS 2020 aircraft, especially the ones which were reworked (WT B78X, B748i, C700, CJ4, SR22 G6, A320 Neo) or included on the 40th anniversary.

As per trailers, by focusing the aircraft the following is missing:

• Rolladen-Schneider LS8 glider (MSFS 2020)

Diamond? I guess that’s a large scale typo :wink: Manufacturer is only Pilatus.

1 Like

Thanks, added the other glider and corrected the copy-pasta PC-12 disaster.

3 Likes

Missing the Airtractor AT802 by Asobo.

I’m also pretty sure that Jorg said at some point that everything in 2020 would be in 2024, maybe that excludes the licensed movie tie-ins.

Given that everything is going to be compatible it would see odd to throw anything away.

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ve added it. Also mixed up the devs for the Air Tractor and the Cessna 188, that is fixed now, too.

Jorg has said in previous streams that all current 2020 planes will be in 2024.

1 Like

Pretty certain he said “most” rather than “all”. As mentioned above perhaps this just means movie tie-in aircraft but maybe some others will not carry forward.

Hope I’m not wrong,

R22 (???) and also DH Aerosoft?

Nope, it’s a R66 from Carenado and the DHC-6 was initally by Aerosoft but was reworked completely by iniBuilds

As Reno is now part of the sim @Newspawnz might include the aircraft of the DLC, at least the ones of the “default” pack (generic P-51D, L39, T-6 and Pitts S1).

2 Likes

Good point! I’ve included them as a separate list.

1 Like

The only thing I can remember is that Jörg said that almost every plane for MSFS 2020 should be compatible with MSFS 2024 but I do not remember him saying that all the MSFS 2020 planes would be in MSFS 2024 - even for the base sim.

I had a quick look at the transcripts of previous streams but couldn’t find anything backing that up. Do you happen to have a link to that stream?
I wouldn’t want to include a blanket statement unless we can link to it.
I guess we’ll know more when they are ready to talk about the editions planned for MSFS 2024 and I’m sure we’ll get a few bits of additional information in the next dev stream.

2 Likes

One thing which could be somewhat go into this direction would be what Jörg initially said on the MSFS 2024 “Trailer Breakdown” now at FSExpo:

“this is exactly what flight simulator 2020 is plus a ton more, so we didn’t take anything away, all we did is add”
https://youtu.be/a6riRXgRsCU?t=750

Base Reno DLC being part of MSFS 2024:
https://youtu.be/a6riRXgRsCU?t=3094

As shown, current aircraft and airports in MSFS will be supported in 2024. This wording wouldn’t exist if they were taking them away and making us re-purchase the aircraft that we already own. So all default and 40th anniversary aircraft are carrying over - for free.

1 Like