MSFS 2024 Aircraft lineup

Fair enough, he said “this is exactly what flight simulator 2020 is plus a ton more, so we didn’t take anything away, all we did is add” yesterday, referencing the FSExpo keynote from last year: https://youtu.be/a6riRXgRsCU?t=750

2 Likes

Exactly - that one I was looking for :wink:

I’ve added a statement to the list in the first post linking Jörg’s statement. Still a bit noncommittal, though.

2 Likes

It could be based on ownership of MSFS.

2020 aircraft may not be free if you don’t already own MSFS. That much we don’t know. But I am absolutely positive if we own 2020 we will get those aircraft for free in 2024. They wouldn’t make a mistake that huge, especially not after admitting the Reno DLC should have been free. But I assume since we’ve already seen some default 2020 aircraft being show in the trailers, that they would all be brought over.

Good point, some might not be included if you don’t already have MSFS 2020. Will be interesting to see how it is going to be handled, especially for those from the non-base editions. Regarding other purchases including Famous Flyer, Local Legend, ATR we might get a glimpse during the marketplace stream later today.

i really hope that with all this missions and “pilot lifestyle” situation going on in 2024 one won’t be required to gain the type rating in order to be able to use this or that aircraft, in other words, be required to unlock it in order to be able to use it

they mentioned something in that direction… i really hope im wrong

I’m a fairly compulsive shopper and I admit I’m feeling a bit warm and fuzzy right now for 2024. Feel like I need to start considering what aircraft I have now that aren’t my true loves. I think I may have a few nights of playing Supertramp Goodbye Stranger and Paul Simon 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover repeatedly on the horizon…

I have no problem shunning purchases that pretty much all gave me value at the time(other than the Mu of course :rage: that chaps me worse than remembering a time I accidentally stuck a $20 in a machine and got a soda with no change)… I’ve made real estate mistakes that bother me far less than that one…

I really like that Asobo/MS has given a lot of love(and hopefully a lot of lettuce) to a lot of our favorite developers and brought them into the ‘wings’, if you will. How many times does that NOT happen to fan favorites?

2 Likes

By Got friends ? Because it’s the same as the Astro one.

Nope, it’s a different one.

This is the Jetson one what is the difference :wink:

I think that will be for career mode only. But as far as just loading up a flight in the world map, I expect you’ll have access to all aircraft.

3 Likes

Might be, given they are a partner now and they look very similar / almost identical.

But I don’t think it has been confirmed (or denied) yet.

Edit - Jonx said in a different thread they are entirely different aircraft. Their Astro One is not the new Jetson One. Very similar but different in key ways.

2 Likes

The Twin Otter makes sense given it was a Hans project at Aerosoft and he’s now done planes for Asobo directly.

Curious to see how it differs from what I fly now from Aerosoft.

Only other thing on that list that interests me at the moment is the * Canadair CL-415 water plane, Asobo

The 737 MAX of course but I’ll wait for PMDG’s.

1 Like

Looking forward to the Premium/ Deluxe aircraft lineup

2 Likes

Something for the higher tier editions would be the Space Shuttle landing mission everyone is yapping about :laughing:

All bush trips, liveries, landing challenges, etc would all break if they did not include the 2020 aircraft. So all the stuff that Perfect Flight has released, it all depends on default aircraft. Those will have to carry over to 2024, otherwise any developer package that makes use of a default aircraft will break.

1 Like

Bush trips that don’t require a specific aircraft would be better

2 Likes

Although I agree with you, it could be argued that bush trips/liveries/landing challenges that were created for 2020 are just that - MSFS2020 content that doesn’t necessarily have to transfer over to 2024.

Do I think everything from 2020 will transfer over? Yes. Absolutely. But nothing is a guarantee until stated as such.

1 Like

Does it contain the Cessna Longitude (C700)?