MSFS 2024 Aircraft lineup

Seeing as 2020 will continue for many more years, they aren’t really a waste of money as they can be completed in a product with a significant number of years left in its supported lifespan.

Sure, if you’re expecting to take them all to 2024, you might be out of luck.

5 Likes

Truthfully, I haven’t been motivated to do bush trips for the last few months as they will now be a totally new experience with the new version. But I have still been purchasing them. So yes, if they truly are not compatible with the new version, then it has been wasted money these last few months, as they were purchased with the direct plan of being used in 2024.

Note: I tried last night one of the bush trips. 2020 was amazing with what it brought forward. But now I know with 2024 the ground will be 3D and not just textures. I see the scenery and everything is flat textures, and it just doesn’t hold the same thrill for me now. I know we are still 5 months away from release of 2024, but now knowing what things should look like in 5 months, I just have a very hard time enjoying myself in 2020 bush trips right now.

2 Likes

Really looking forward to the Twotter, all configurations, not just float plane. I’m kind of partial to the Kenn Borek livery. A very long drawn Mercy flight mission from CYYC to the Antarctic would be awesome.

Having Viking Air hangars in CYYC will make spotting Canada’s premier bush planes and fire bombers great for plane spotting.

1 Like

Hopefully they stick floats back on the 208 too

2 Likes

I semi-fondly remember copying the Concorde from FS2000 into FS2002 and FS2004 because they didn’t carry it forward. I wonder if it will be necessary to do this again in 2024.

1 Like

Did I hear correctly that there will be openable doors, windows, and canopies in FS24? Any word if that extends out to the FS2020 legacy planes? I’m really hoping the Reno Racers get can update with some of these new bells and whistles.

Seb said at FSExpo

we can now get out of aircraft, walk around aircraft, just open the door and go out

I don’t recall them talking about windows and canopies.
Also no words on the details but I guess the devs would at least have to opt-in on the feature, provide a click spot, animations, and textures for parts that were invisible before. I’d be surprised if they don’t update the aircraft that come with the sim but no confirmation so far.

Jorg mentioned in one recent interview that “you click a button and you’re outside”.

I hope that the doors open and you can walk in and out, but this description doesn’t imply either of those things. It could mean you just teleport.

Where? Because I remember Seb saying something like: “now you can open the door and get out of the plane” and I understood by that that it will be realistic, you get out of your seat and leave the plane. But I might have understood it wrong.

3 Likes

Well we know third parties have been able to open up the 152/172/VL-3 and others and they converted the TBM. I really hope they pour some love into the 350i and Barron.

1 Like

I think it would have shown the animation of the pilot getting in and out if that was a feature. Teleport is the most likely manifestation of “click and your outside”. It may improve via a sim update a few years down the line if enough people ask.

If they don’t include the Bonanza (Baron, King Air, Caravan, Analog 172, etc), in the base sim…I’m guessing all the payware that requires them would not work in 2024!?

2 Likes

This hidden/unlockable feature made me think these were intended features for 2020, but got shelved due to time and technical constraints.

I tried to see if this “hidden feature” was available on the Asobo T-6 Texan, and it doesn’t look like it is. I’m worried it’ll never get added, as these aircraft were 3D scanned in person, and I doubt they’ll make another special trip to update these planes again.

I have a feeling it will be more like ,the door opens, and poof, you’re outside. Not soneone actually stepping out.

Was curious about Anthony’s T-28 Trojan and it’s up next for FS! Love that plane!

https://www.antsairplanes.com/msfstrojan.html

No ETA posted but good news!

2 Likes

I’ve just added some information from the updated FAQ regarding content purchased from the Marketplace. Even though this is not default content included in the base sim it might still be interesting for people stumbling over this post.

Any information regarding the planes of the premium editions of 2020 in 2024 for free (dreamliner, Longitude, etc…)?

1 Like

Based on the information regarding Marketplace content I’d say it’s safe to assume it should be available. The premium and deluxe upgrades are listed as owned for me on the Marketplace.

In a month they will present the complete fleet for the Msfs 2024 standard edition in the next Q&A stream.

1 Like

Yes, but what about in the upgraded versions too? That’s what I’m more interested in.