MSFS 2024 launch date can be around these 4 dates:

1- 2023 Roadmap ends in december, according to the FAQ, it is the last roadmap to 2020 sim, if there was no idle time after december, the first possible launch date for the new sim maybe in January, as a happy new year inertance.

• if there was a planned idle time after the roadmap ends, and before the planned launch for the new sim, then the expected launch date should be around or close to these 3 remaining dates:

2- Summer: late june or start of july, where most people are excited for the most from the industry.

3- The date of the 2020 sim launch date in August.

4- The end of 2024 in November, in the 41th anniversary.

These only speculations to the most logical dates.

I agree, the late Summer to holiday window is when all prior MSFS releases have come. Seems logical.

3 Likes

You forgot the 5th and last date: as soon as it passes QA

10 Likes

I’m hoping it comes out around August.
The later in the year, the more extensive of a code rewrite they did.
If it’s still over a year out, that means they are adding some big features they are not yet ready to show.

2 Likes

Still excluding more than half of the next year, will give an excitement preparation for the new sim :rofl:

FS2004 was released July 29, 2003. You might as well try to guess the date of the Rapture.

4 Likes

They did announce this one is coming in 2024, so we know the intended year.

1 Like

or 5… some time in 2025.
It would not be the first time, that release dates are being pushed forward due to technical reasons.

2 Likes

Thats why this is called speculation :laughing:

1 Like

In that interview that’s going around from the day after the showcase (I don’t have the link to hand) Phil Spencer said it can’t come out in 2025 because it has 2024 in the name. And that he wished all game devs would tie themselves like that. That’s the only communication on release I have seen other than the trailer. I don’t think we will, but we might find out more this weekend from FSExpo 2023.

Also it’s worth noting that all Microsoft Flight Simulator titles that had a year in the title, came out usually between August and December in the year prior. So FS 98 came out in 1997, FS 2002 came out in 2001 and so on.

2 Likes

so unlikely, titles branded with a year, means the dev team is sure about the release period. unlike other titles branded free of year in the branding.

hhh our posts were simultaneous XD

1 Like

Really, this seems like an achievable goal. Especially since it doesn’t look like we will be getting another GOTY or Anniversary style update this year.

I think after years of working in this engine, they have a decent ability to project a finish date.

This looks more like a new, updated Forza, or Madden, or F1, or Assassin’s Creed. You know? A franchise release built upon the same engine. It is MUCH easier to schedule the release of these types of games in advance.

The major scaffolding was built for 2020, what remains to be seen are the types of refinements, improvements, and additions constitute this sequel beyond a few planes and jobs.

Thats 100%.

When FS2020 released, the date didn’t really matter as quite a few of us were locked down anyway. Personally, the later in 2024 the better to ensure as many bugs are addressed as possible.

1 Like

I believe that I know the day. It will probably be between January 1 and December 31 2024. :slight_smile: In other words, let’s wait for an oficial anmouncement or some leak.

3 Likes

According to

Windows 2000 was released in 1999 already.

So we might as well throw 2023 into the are-we-there-yet?-are-we-there-yet?-guess-it-game.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Congrats, you’ve won. :rofl:

Except they announced it is coming in 2024. Not just a name…

The point from having some interest in the release period is for anticipation only.

out of topic: however, you are referring to a different use system for years, for example businesses & some institutions calendars count the current year as the upcoming year, to indicate a period that continues from this year to the next.

another example is the 00:00 clock, sure its midnight, but in reality, this is not the clock a day starts in, its just a kind of use system, because its easier for management, in real life, a new day is counted 6 hours before that, by the sunset.

2024 for MSFS, is for anticipation & official release :rofl: