MSFS Addon Compatibility List

Interesting… I don’t have many and I was running very stable on the Beta, I did just purchase KSAN and Static Aircraft at the same time and installed them both. But I got a screen lockup at the Bakersfield airport as well as KSAN after I had installed the new add ons. I heard KSAN was pretty stable though, I could remove KSAN and add static aircraft back to test. The only other add-ons I have are

Seattle Landmarks
CYVR Vancouver
Airport regional environment x North America
Enhanced airport graphics

There is another entry for static aircraft with incompatibilities with certain airports after the beta’s release. KLAS, I believe.

I’ll try flying out of those airports to see

I have added a new feature that helps us see which entries are more representational of what people will actually experience, and which entries focus on issues that are less experienced by other users.

Now, an entry will be bold if it satisfies either one of two criteria:

• Entry was updated in the last 3 months and a URL has been provided.

• Entry has been updated in the last 3 months and it has been categorised as “Green”.

Updating an entry doesn’t necessarily mean it has been changed by a user, it can also just mean the entry has been checked by one. This can be done by using the add-on yourself and confirming all is still good, or checking any provided links for any updates. Once an entry has been “updated”, remember to update the date in column M!

Basically, any entries that are not bold are due a check up, and you should consider other duplicate entries with more weight if they are in bold.

1 Like

LVFR Static aircraft testing so far - I added it back and received 3 more complete screen lockups when changing views at airports while at various stages of being on the ground. Airports were random and were (PHTO,KSAN and KNYL) tested 2 different planes as well, Embraer 110 and the Longitude C700. Not saying it doesn’t function for others, but for my situation it seems to cause some real problems, I am removing it again.

XBox X
Hotas One
Wireless logitech mouse
XBox insider program Omega ring
XBox OS version - 10.0.22000.3055
Shell version - 2111.0.2112.11002

1 Like

It’s all good info - other entries mention incompatibilies with U.S airports. I have updated the comment on the entry and if we find any online discussions adding to this problem I’ll link it in!

Are these not all North American Airports? I noticed you stated you had “Airport regional environment x North America” installed and that seems like a much more likely cause for your problems.

Could you try removing regional environment and see if Static Aircraft works okay without the freezes at these airports? It could be an issue with incompatibility between north american airports and the regional environment mod, or airport static aircraft and the regional mod.

You could also just try flying out of a European airport, which shouldn’t utilise the regional environment mod to test it to some degree.

@DROGUSA do you own Airport regional environment x North America?

I do not have that mod. For some reason I thought he had an airport expansion.
I only have static airport expansion and airport enhancement installed. Other than that it’s just a variety of add on planes.
I do have the Vancouver Airport but have not had issues from there.

I will test some more. Good idea on testing airports outside North America to see the results or try removing KSAN since I purchased that at the same time as static aircraft. I did fly today from Tampa Bay to Miami and when on the ground at both airports I did not have any issues (changed my views a lot for testing without the add-on in question) but I had Static aircraft removed and my other add-ons installed. Just have to see what combo it isn’t liking right now.

I have Vancouver Airport and KSAN San Diego for airport add-ons, but I have had Vancouver for a few months without issue. My other are:

North American Regional environment

@DROGUSA you don’t have North American regional environment correct? I may just try that because otherwise it sounds like you and I are pretty close for add-ons.

I’m mainly suspicious that the regional environment mod is conflicting with static aircraft, however considering they’re both made by LFVR I’d be surprised.

I can’t find much out there about static aircraft causing the freezes you’re describing and I’d assume it would be more widespread. As you’re experiencing them at multiple airports across America it seemed to me like the regional environment mod may be the cause, but only when it’s paired up with Static Aircraft.

If so, you’d be the first person to stumble across this incompatibility, I can’t find any discussions to corroborate it, but we are running out of date versions on the XBOX and most people won’t own both of these mods together on this platform.

Has there ever been an update for the static aircraft? I don’t have it but I have certainly heard of weird stuff happening with that add on. That’s why for me anyway I decided I’d rather just wait for Simple Traffics release on Xbox, see what happens. The Jetway Pro thing needs work to so I also stayed away from that. I have all AREX packs so far and haven’t noticed any issues since making the change, definitely nothing that raises any suspicion with me anyway. I have 2 Airports of theirs as well and once again, works fine to me.

but you don’t have Static Aircraft, correct? I’m suspicious it conflicts with AREX North America; but both mods are fine when used individually.

And yes I do believe Static Aircraft and Bredoks liveries got a really quick update; like a week after release. I remember because I wondered why they got such quick priority when others have to wait months.

@MPowerslave did you turn “ground aircraft density” to 0 when using static aircraft? I know you’re meant to as an instruction but I’m not sure why, maybe it will cause lockups if you don’t.

I did have it set to 0 yep. Last night I removed all add-ons minus Vancouver airport and Seattle scenery and added back Static Aircraft and did not get one lockup or freeze. I landed at 4 different airports and tested by switching views constantly. I will now start adding back add-ons one by one and testing. I also did notice I had a vessels add-on which I did not know I even had, we will see which one is causing the issue.

Nice! Will be interested to see the results!

@Pug66 do you have AREX North America installed? I see you reported CTDs with Airport Static Aircraft at Las Vegas… Could be connected.

Testing today - I started adding back 1 at a time until I had a screen lockup. Went quite a long time without until I added, of all things, (didn’t know I even had these)Vessels:core library and Vessels:Anguilla,St Martin St Barts by Seafront Simulations and my screen\console locked up after landing at KSEA and looking around.

I still want to keep testing though, I will try a few more airports, normally the airports don’t really matter it was pretty random before. Below are the add-ons I had running with Static aircraft and I know for sure they did not cause any issues, ran clean all day with all of them until adding vessels.

Static Aircraft
Vancouver Airport
Seattle Landmarks
Airport regional environment - North America

1 Like

Thanks for the testing!

1 Like

Literally just went to another airport after rebooting console, Sacramento Executive and while in cockpit looking around, boom, she locked up tight. Seafront simulations Vessels core and vessels anguilla st.barts,st martin seem to have an issue with Static traffic. Now, the vessels core doesn’t really put any vessels from what I understand but you have to have it to add the actual vessels like anguilla st barts st martin. I can remove that and keep the core and see what happens. weeee…

Yep, remove Anguilla vessels and if it’s okay then we know what’s going on. We can then add Vessels Anguilla to the entry.

I removed Anguilla vessels and it has been working so far, 3 different airports. So yeah looks like that can be added to the list. What a crazy combo and needle in a haystack.

2 Likes

@Calavera999
Yes I do have Arex North America installed. I had removed it to do some testing, but the CTD with KLAS still remains. I reinstalled it, as there doesn’t seem to be an issue with it coexisting with the Static Ground Traffic (on the beta at least).
KLAS just doesn’t like Static Ground Traffic, yet all of my other airports work fine with it.

1 Like