MSFS Application Error - memory could not be read

I might have fixed two problems that I thought were the same. I will continue to test.

2 Likes

Looks like itā€™s a racing condition somewhere in the code, thatā€™s why itā€™s seemingly random. The faster your clock is the more likely you get it. These are notoriously hard to debug, so Iā€™m not surprised itā€™s taking some time. But itā€™s definitely there. Even in the latest beta.

1 Like

and the same ā€œracing conditionā€ is within navigraph , also if msfs is not running ? The only thing what might explain that, would be that the issue lies within a system lib, but if we assume that in meanwhile the normal pc runs with xmp-3200/3600 then we still have not enough reports about ( I expect then much more reports ) and so our best ā€œsolutionā€ is at the moment to try disable RAM xmp-profiles because possible problems with RAM/board in xmp modeā€¦ It remains exciting :slight_smile:

Just crashed again. Currently, I am running an underclocked 2080ti, 2 x 16GB sticks of Corsair RAM at 2133 with XMP disabled.

At what point are we going to conclude that this is a software/game issue and push it back to Asobo to fix. Also to point out, no other games or applications I run experience this problem.

1 Like

to be sure : that is not ā€œmemory could not be readā€ , you still checking your other kind of CTD, or ?

Could be, I fly usually in Latin America and I had never gotten this error there , however now Iā€™m doing a tour worldwide and I got it yesterday WU9 in Ireland , it wa shown but I was able to move the window and end the flight without problems, however it is very rare because memory usage on my pic was around 49% I hope Microsoft can solve it because even it did not close my sim it was not comfty

2 Likes

I got those CTD even while flying in Latin America. So it seems, that the error is not depending on the flight area.

Having this crash too. Something has definitely changed in the game.

Seems so random too.

Getting these again with the latest beta. Iā€™m out of ideasā€¦

This worked for me thank you :pray: :slightly_smiling_face:100 and also make sure you donā€™t have a hardware like a joystick crashing the sim , you can uninstall drivers abd reinstall also , good luck guys

Just an update to my ongoing issues. I installed the SU10 beta and have not had a single crash in about 3-4 days. In fact, Iā€™ve left the sim running the whole time in the world, plane sitting cold and dark when not in use.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s very promising. I just went back to SU9 because of lack of HDR at the moment in SU10. And just had a ā€œmemory could not be readā€ CTD on approach from Manchester to Newcastle in the Cessna 414. Before that I had many flights where I didnā€™t get the CTD. So the issue is quite hard to trobleshoot.

After 10 days without CTD it happened again: twice during one flight (EKCH-LGAV).
First time 3:25 after departure and a few minutes before touch down. After restart of the saved flight (about 5 minutes before) the SIM crashed again after a few minutes.
After landing there was a second problem: The ADDON scenery (payware) of LGAV was empty: only RWYs were visible but no buildings etc.

This is causing a major headache, I thought I was rid of this, only to have it reappear completely randomly. Iā€™ve had a few flights now without any issues. Set the page file to custom 1.5 * RAM but not sure if that ā€œfixedā€ anything. Time will tell.

Ok guys here a so stupid suggestion that i really cannot belive it is working, one week ago i was wondering why my pmdg 737 did not change equipment based on the livery i have chosen, a quick google on the pmdg forums to discover that if you leave something written on the atc callsing and registration of the airplane in general options of msfs you create a conflict that does not allow the sim to change equipment based on the livery (aka it loads all the liveries as the same plane). Ok so i have cancelled both atc callsign and registration and no memory could not be read since then. It cost nothing and i think it worth a try

I highly doubt because people get memory errors also without mods, but i guess itā€™s worth to try. This issue is difficult to track because sometimes it can be 2 months without errors and then ā€memory could not be readā€.

Could be, but in this case i am not reffering to the pmdg but i think it is a general issue, if you set an atc cs and it cause a conflict it may cause it to all aircraftā€¦ well at least for me i am having more fps and no error since 7 flights

I just checked and both was empty so im sure only Asobo can fix this error thing. Last night i got the error in 5 different flights but today 4 successful flights without any issues.

The next ā€œQ&Aā€-Session (Twitch-Livestream) with the developers willl be held on
Thursday, August 18 at 17:30 UTC.
Perhps a chance to face the Asobo-Team with this problem

Guess I was to soon. Still getting this error. When in the menu, and today after a 1,5 hour flight from LIRF to EBBR on descent using the FBW A320neo.

Specs:
HP Omen 45L
i9 12900K
32 GB RAM @3733
Geforce 3080 8 GB
Windows 11 x64 NL Home