MSFS First Circumnavigation in a C172 (Completed)

Purchased MSFS 2020 on Release day. After about a 3 hour download and 30’ish min of setting up my joystick I took off from KAVL Asheville NC heading North. I didn’t didn’t make a plan just used in Sim flight planner for each leg. The only thing I have done since release day is fly this round the world trip in the Cessna 172 G1000. Worth it ? YES!!

Hours on profile pic

Hours inside the C172

Cessna 172 hours meter

Steam hours, all from this trip

Route flown

Short video of logbook entries, had to make a short video due to how many, all from just this trip

33 Likes

Way to stay with it! Any specific issues or events that happened along the way you want to share?

Had 1 DC and 1 CTD the whole trip. Africa is amazing, flying in the desert is awesome. Most of the world does not have any type of civilization. Flying + using wiki to read up on the area you are flying to , around is really fun and informative.

12 Likes

That’s awesome!

I just finished watching FunForLouis 's 72 episode Youtube vlog of his 2017 Cessna round the world trip with the_candourist. Highly recommended if you haven’t seen it. JP has also been doing live streams on the MSFSOfficial Twitch channel on Tuesdays.

This makes me want to plan out my own circumnavigation trip.

1 Like

Very impressive :+1:

Way to go! I’m on a similar mission myself in the C152(x)

1 Like

Woa, GG !
:+1:t2: :+1:t2: :+1:t2:

Congratz!! :+1:t2: :boom: :globe_with_meridians:

Very nice! Perhaps you can post the flight plan.

You forgot Australia! :wink: Great job! I am working my way through China and hopefully will be in Australia in the next couple of days. I have been doing a lot of shorter, 1-1.5 hour hops, flying about 3000 ft or so, so I can take in the scenery.

1 Like

Impressive! Did you control the weather so it was VFR the whole way or did you have to go IFR from time to time to make it?

What peripherals did you use? I’m guessing you have at least a yoke or stick, any flight panels as well?

LogiTech extreme 3d pro

Great project - I might like that too!
Are there any tools that could help with planning the tour?

That’s almost as many hours as I had in the actual 172 I owned. However no way I would have trusted that old bird to cross any body of water I couldn’t swim across.

Well , I just used the in game Flight Planner and only looked only beyond 1-2 flights ahead.

I mean there are a lot of airports in the SIm , I guess you could use something like Skyvector , google , wiki to make a long term flight plan if you had specific places you would like to visit. I didn’t plan at all. Just took off and flew lol , maybe not the best way but it sure was fun :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No I didn’t control the weather,
I flew this in Live Players, Live Traffic, Weather/Time Live No cheat. You can not change the weather with these settings. Yes a lot of my flights were in the dark.

3 Likes

Thats Pretty COOL !!!

Excellent :+1:t2:

Awesome! Congratulations! :partying_face: :balloon: :cake:

Question. How did you manage to have your timer persist over multiple sessions? I want to be able to do the same! :slight_smile: