Around The World 2.0,Doing it again. Real Time,MP,Real Weather,Realistic Settings KingAir 350i

On August 1’st 2020,2 years, 5 months and 9 days ago. I started the first circumnavigation in MSFS 2020 in a 172 Skyhawk. It took me one month to complete. Flying every day, sometimes flying for 12 or more hours.
Two days ago, I started flying again. This time using the Beech King Air 350i with Black Square Steam Gauge Overhaul( Most amazing add-on I have ever used). This circumnavigation will be started off by landing at every US Capital city airport. Will be flying mostly VFR and never will I fly above 7,000 AGL, unless I happen to be on VATSIM and told to by VATSIM ATC. Will be flying Real Time, Real weather in Multiplayer and 100% realistic settings.
Good to be back in the Air

Here are 2 links to the First Circumnavigation in MSFS 2020
MSFS First Circumnavigation in a C172 (Completed)

Logs and general forum spam of my adventure

2 Likes

The First Leg will look something like this.

Right now have complete this much with maybe two more stops before the night

2 Likes

Your round-the-world trip sounds exciting. Keep us updated on your progress.

are you going the other direction this time?

Good luck intrepid captain! o7

Does anyone ever try these round the world trips going north/south over the poles or is it always east/west? Serious question.

i think it’s a little more economic to do east/west or west/east.

Plus yknow once you get past Canada it’s pretty much nothing but ice until you loop back around and end up in Russia…where it’s more of the land of the ice and snow from the midnight sun where the hot springs flow. Until you end up East Asia.

It also seems like there would be more backtracking overall to get back to that latitudinal route.

3 Likes

Thing about going around the poles North to South is you have to use a very large plane due to fuel , no airports. I picked the KingAir this time vs the 172 due to a bit longer range and being able to land on dirt / grass runways a bit easier.

Thing about going around the poles North to South is you have to use a very large plane due to fuel , no airports. I picked the KingAir this time vs the 172 due to a bit longer range and being able to land on dirt / grass runways a bit easier. Although there was at least one successfully Non-Stop Transatlantic Flight using a Beechcraft King Air 350, Some crazy Brits.

https://www.aviationpros.com/home/press-release/10396977/beechcraft-king-air-350er-successfully-completes-first-nonstop-transatlantic-flight

So maybe you could go North to South in one :slight_smile:
and ya I might be going East to West this time, not sure just yet!

Nice Zep reference :+1:

1 Like

I’ve done 2 around the world flights.

Once I did the Earhart/Noonan route in a bonanza (couldn’t make the last leg over the Pacific ) and once the Wiley Post route in a Baron.

Great good fun

1 Like

Some good flying today. I didn’t get in as many Capitals as I would have liked, but that was due to having joined a Virtual Airline ( Walker Air Transport ) and moving the King Air to my last Capital City stop. But now that I can earn some virtual bucks and chat with some people it should make this trip all the more fun. Here is quick update map!

Also my first 3 flights with Walker Air , Making huge money now :slight_smile:

16 State Capitals, 34 More to Go!
Map update!

48 of the 50 US State Capitals finnished.

[]

2 Likes