MSFS flight plans take an excessive amount of time to load after World Update 11

That’s no way to enjoy the sim. Scenery is everything.

2 Likes

However it would narrow down the scope of the problem if it could be definitely established that it is/isn’t a network or server issue.

I´m nearly convinced that you have network problem. Maybe a firewall and/or security packages etc. interaction.

1 Like

Agreed. If it was a sim issue then I think a lot more people would be experiencing it. Does it really take half hour to load, or is that a bit of poetic licence? Mine usually takes less than one minute, two at the most. I suspect it’s an add-on or hardware issue.

FWIW, there have been a number of messages about long load times here, especially after updates.

I agree, it sounds like a networking issue, (perhaps downloading dynamic scenery?), so it’s important to isolate the problem.

@ZILLNIAZI17
Have you tried turning off dynamic scenery and using the built-in scenery instead? It would be interesting to know if your startup times are lower without dynamic scenery.

I fly for the scenery. I wouldn’t ever want to turn the Bing Photogrammetry off.

For the sake of experiment, when it’s not loading, it’s not loading even with the Bing photogrammetry turned off.

1 Like

Did you try setting “offline mode”, disconnecting the internet and try that?

1 Like

I always restart my router for a fresh connection before launching MSFS.

I have changed my lifestyle because of MSFS.

1 Like

Use the windows app setup/ config page. Select MSFS and select repair/check.

1 Like

Will do. Thanks.

Personally I would be careful making too many changes. I have noticed now several times that the few days after an update the Sim takes a very long time to load. (Havent tried loading a flight). I am resigned to this now as I am convinced (I could be wrong) that it has to do with the initial and subsequent connection to the MS servers that are different in different parts of the World.
This morning for example (saturday 11th) it took about 10 minutes to start loading the Sim. Last night (10th) it loaded extremely quickly.
No changes made in between. Not being able to access the servers promptly will be interpreted by the Sim as a network/speed issue I think. If all other stuff on your machine works fine and you have a good internet speed test result then it is fair to assume there isnt a network/internet problem.
I dont know where you are (I am UK) but before you start pulling things apart, wait a few days and see if things change.
An Example: at the moment (11th) it keeps losing online connection only to re-connect after a few seconds. This is an extremely rare event for me but is now happening, and often does during update days, frequently.
It tells me to check my internet connection. A default message. There are two PC connected but one isnt doing anything. As a test I use that one to test my Fibre internet connection when this disconnect happens. The connection is perfect including an optimal PING and upload speed.
It will no doubt settle down once a majority of people have updated. I suspect (but I could be wrong) that this has much to do with it. For me everything seems to point that way.

3 Likes

This is exactly what’s been happening to me. And I am on the same server as you are.

And yours is the most relevant experience and advice that I have been given so far.

Thank you so much.

1 Like

Me and my friends are in the same boat. Since the last update, loading a flight-plan takes forever. Some days ago it took like 10-15min. But now i wanted to play again and it does not load at all. Waited for 30min+ already. I removed everything from my community folder already. Only had FBW A320 there anyway.
I have an Ryzen 9 with Geforce RX3080. Drivers are up to date. No idea what is happening here, but i am not able to play anymore.

1 Like

2 friends of mine have the same problem. Thought it is a general bug which will be fixed quite fast, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

We live in switzerland. All of us have 1Gb/s internet connection which is working perfect for everything else.

The sim itself is starting as usual. The problem only occurs after i select a departure and arrival airport and attempt to load the game.

1 Like

I have faced the same situation for about three weeks. However, I have been flying (actually now) in northern UK and the flight plans of about one hour are loading in less than three minutes.

All is working well. The sim has a mind of its own. It’s been running smoothly since yesterday.

But I understand your situation as I have been there. Hope it gets sorted for you. I wish I could give any advice but I have not been able to deduce what caused those delays previously.

1 Like

I have checked the console while the loading screen is stuck and this is what i see. Integrity check in steam was fine. But maybe i have to do a fresh reinstall for whatever reason…

1 Like

I dont even have a “Humans” folder in %appdata%\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SimObjects

Do you?

1 Like

No. Definitely not.

1 Like

Don’t reinstall yet. Give it a couple of days. It might work on its own.

1 Like

I experience this problem since SU11 beta as well. However, in my case the scenario is a bit different. The first flight loads usually fast, the second loads slower and the third one stops loading with the blue line somewhere in the middle. If I try to quit from the flight in 60% of cases the sim is not quitting staying on the quitting screen for ever until I close the game it the Task manager. And after this the Sim is not starting at all or stops when loading the flight. Reinstalling the sim does not help. The only way to start the sim after this is to clean all the *.TMP files, files in the …/Microsoft Flight Simulator/Cash/0 folder and files in the …/Microsoft Flight Simulator/Scenery index folder - this gives me fast loading for the first flight again.

1 Like