MSFS flight plans take an excessive amount of time to load after World Update 11

That’s even more horrible than what I have experienced.

For the past couple of days, the sim has been working fine for me. The sim loads in about five minutes and the flight plans take under three minutes to load.

And I have made no changes to the software!

I hope it stays this way now. There’s still a premonition looming whenever I intend to fly. And it’s worse than a real life plane crash.

2 Likes

This is happening to me now.

The first flight loading fast (3-5 min) but the next flight, even within the last flight plan, is taking forever to load.

But if I force quit the sim and restart, the second flight plan (first after this reload of the sim) loads within three minutes.

So I flew from Dublin to Belfast. Technically Belfast photogrammetry was loaded now in the cache. So I made the next flight plan just around Belfast but it didn’t load at all and I forced quit after 20 minutes.

I forced quit the sim, loaded the around Belfast flight plan again and it loaded in two minutes!

How has your experience been now? Any improvements?

1 Like

Sim was loading fine for me on Saturday. Came Sunday, it is taking an unbearable amount of time to load.
It stays at 75-80% loading mark and the blue line stops moving for 5-10 minutes.
I have no addons/mods…just the sim as downloaded from the store. Reinstalled the sim last night. Still the same.
Dealing with missing packages for days and now this! My internet speed is 500mbps. I don’t have internet speed issues. I hope they find a fix for this. It is a vibe/buzz killer for sure. Cheers.

1 Like

I removed the Global AI Ship Traffic from my Community folder and flights now loads much better. However, the initial start of the sim is still the problem.

1 Like

Have you filed a bug?

1 Like

Exactly my story too!

Previously it would get stuck at a full blue bar. But now, at 80% of the bar and then it sits there forever. I lose patience after 15-20 minutes and hard restart the sim. Then the same flight plan loads under three minutes.

But it’s not a hard and fast rule. Something is really terribly wrong and they need to fix it.

The sim worked the smoothest for me between the Maverick update and the Canada update. Things went south after the Canada update actually, and 40th Anniversary only made them worse.

1 Like

With who? Where?

I reported on the 40 Anniversary feedback page and someone moved that issue to a stand alone category, where it doesn’t pass everyone’s eyes.

But Microsoft Support has to take heed. Zendesk is the most useless at Microsoft. I wish they could learn from Tobii’s Zendesk that is responsive and won’t sit back until your issue has been dealt with.

2 Likes

I’ll do that now.

Which file is that exactly? I think I have two.

Global AI Ship Traffic Ultra - BETA… removing it now. I never realized it was a 9.75 GB file!

1 Like

The initial start of the sim now gets stuck for a good 5-8 minutes at the Checking for Updates (used to be 5 seconds). Then the blue bar gets stuck at 50% for another 5-8 minutes, but after that, the rest of the 50% of the bar fills in five seconds.

Is this how it is with you?

1 Like

Yes, exactly.

Here is the solution to use GAIST

2 Likes

What am I reading there? I don’t see any solution to any problem. Just a discussion about downloading the file from a different location!

1 Like

That is the trick. You do not load all the traffic, just a small selected part of it and this does not load the sim heavily.

1 Like

I’ll fly tomorrow without it as I have removed it now. And if this is the cause of slow loading, I am better off without it entirely.

1 Like

Before I restart the Sim after slowly loaded or stacked on loading or a crashed flight I also :

1. Clean temp files at C:\Users.…\AppData\Local\Temp
  2. Delete (Steam version) files from …\Microsoft Flight Simulator\cache\0
  3. Delete files from …\Microsoft Flight Simulator\DCE\76561198045457618
  4. Delete files from …\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SceneryIndexes

Some people also report that cleaning their cloud save helps them. Be careful if you decide to do this (may kill your logbook), the instruction is here

For me removing GAIST worked well. I can leave with a long Sim starting, but not flights.

1 Like

I will stick to this and take one step at a time.

Thank you for all the kindness and helpfulness. People like you make this world a better place to be. Thank you.

2 Likes

Removing of the GAIST didn’t work.

First flight, stuck here for 15 minutes and counting.

And Microsoft released a patch only to fix the fossil A310!

2 Likes

I’ve been having this same issue since the SU11 beta patch. The sim just freezes when loading a flight. The only way to fix it is to use task manager and kill the sim and reboot it.

It doesn’t do it every flight and it doesn’t seem dependant on what you fly or where you fly it. It will just randomly freeze during flight loading.

I’ve removed a few mods that I thought might be conflicting and have so far found nothing makes any difference.

I don’t have GAIST installed so its definitely not that.

1 Like

I have even emptied the entire community folder just to see if that would make any difference, but it does not make any difference. It still freezes on flight plan loading.

2 Likes

Hello,

really sad about your situation. What is really strange to me are your 3-5 minutes FPL loadings and also sim starts with some delays. Can you be kind tell us your HW spec, if you can be more detailed with types, OS what you have? My very first idea was your HW problems and no good internet functionality. Can you also share screenshot from your Content Manager where are on left side data about Installed packages (numbers) and not also. I see you have Steam, not same as to me (Store) but hope not problem with this system (shared access with family,…).

Can you be kind also describe your disks (if you have more disks) where is OS, sim, Steam? I expect full Admin rights on your entire PC of course.

1 Like

Core i7 - 16 GB RAM
GTX 2070 - 8 GB
Sim on SSD. One 1 TB SSD has been dedicated to MSFS. Steam is installed on the same SSD.
Windows 10 Home
The content manager has about 900 entries.
I fly in Ultra settings on an 85-inch 4K TV connected via HDMI.
70 Mbps Internet connection on a realistic speed of 50-60 Mbps. Often tested WHILE the sim isn’t loading.

Having mentioned that, I had no issues at all before the Canada update was launched. I did not touch any of the settings as were set before.