MSFS flight plans take an excessive amount of time to load after World Update 11

Another sim freeze just now so rebooted the sim. I tried to load another flight and the blue loading bar was taking painfully long to very slowly chug along so I closed the sim again. Reloaded the same flight with the same plane and it was third time lucky. It loaded perfectly in about 20 seconds or so.

Its an odd bug.

5600X
RTX3080.
32GB RAM
Steam version on a fast nvme drive

EXACTLY! The experience is mutual.

I hope somebody at Microsoft takes heed of this.

I noticed one thing. If I start the sim and go in vr right when it is loading, there is no wait time, The blue line goes to the finish and sim starts flawlessly in VR. Sadly when I start without VR as in desktop normally, it just takes a long time to load the sim. Just a quirk I noticed!!! Cheers.

I made three flights tonight. Each almost an hour long. One after another. Without restarting the sim.

All three flights loaded under three minutes.

All three flight were made in New Zealand, in real-time, real weather.

It was a miracle!

Iā€™m gonna light a candle.

I know Iā€™ll be smiling all night in sleep.

3 Likes

Ive had 8 perfect days of flying. Today weā€™re all of a sudden back to start with good fps and watch them diminish after 20 min to 1 hour into the flight. I guess thats MSā€™s way of telling me I should be spending more time in the other sim.

I loose the MSFS lottery today. BTW absolutely nothing has changed on this end either. Oh wait I just did a pingplotter to the one of the servers I connect to, and theyā€™re showing 500+ms latency as soon as I hit the 1st 3 hops on the msnet, on the way to get to the serverā€¦that explains it ā€¦

1 Like

70 ms is my latency almost always. On the automatic, Western European server.

1 Like

Hello,

thnx for info. I see your settings like very higher compared to your HW spec, in my opinion. I saw also many situations from many users that their SSD was set to low performance due overheating and in case of not good SSD type problems can occur. I have cca 477??? (hope good remember) entries in Content Manager so really Iā€™m not sure what else is on your system. I need say that I donā€™t have any WU installed, they are vissible as not installed. Again, I see probably that you over set your graphical settings inside sim, try start with HD and most of HIGH settings as me. Start add more settings higher and do tests. Your HW cfg is very similar to myā€¦

1 Like

The SSD is from Samsung, top-of-the-line, Evo 970 (perhaps, donā€™t remember now).

Here are the results on Ultra settings, how I have been flying since day oneā€¦ over a yearā€¦

1 Like

It turns out that any flight plans made in New Zealand donā€™t take any time to load (maximum two minutes, mostly one minute). But flights made anywhere else take forever.

For example, I made a short 16-minute flight in Alaska last night. I had to quit the sim after the first attempt when it didnā€™t load for 20+ minutes. The second attempt made it load after 5 minutes.

I just loaded the same flight again since it would already be in the rolling cache, but it took 8 minutes to load when I was just about to quit it.

The Internet speed tested to be 63 Mbps.

2 Likes

Question:

How full is the drive with the game?

If there isnā€™t at least 25% free, you can get slow response.

Yes :wink: EVO,

this I was expected because without internal heatsink it can be real heat source, especially good in winter :wink:

1 Like

1 TB NVMe SSD Samsung Evo 970 (donā€™t remember the exact number but it is Samsungā€™s flagship SSD) dedicated to MSFS. Only less than 25% is consumed.

1 Like

I have checked its temperatures. Averaging at 25Ā°C. Not even warm.

2 Likes

@ ZILLNIAZI17

Hope Iā€™m not wrong,

but within sim load screen (50% loaded) hangs, slow loads, I think that I hear some HW working very hard. It is graphical card, SSD or what HW? Take a look at thatā€¦

Now I have next idea, start Task Manager and check any activities as CPU, MEM, SSD and Graphics card. Start sim and check something interesting maybeā€¦ I still feel your HW problem here.

Update: average 25 degC??? It is nonsence to me, you have heat sink? It looks to me that your SSD is cold like as is not working here with full speed.

I feel that we will be lucky and find your problem, then you can be satisfied with sim :wink:

1 Like

Hello,

one question to your video, is this recorded at last days, time? Really, it looks to me like some 3-rd party TBM930 mod, isnā€™t it? You have strange colors, to me really not realistic. Can you be kind more describe about that?

1 Like

Thereā€™s no hardware issues. I have a hardware app for the Alienware and that shows me all the temperatures, stats and relevant information. The hardware is in optimum shape.

Itā€™s not the hardware.

Itā€™s not the Internet speed.

Since the last update, every other flight loaded between 3 to 7 minutes in Canada and Alaska. 7 minutes is still a long loading time.

1 Like

The video was recorded two weeks ago. It has been colour graded a little towards warmer tones as the actual video had too cool colours to be soothing to the eye.

What you should be looking at is the detail, the fluidity and smoothness with the given hardware on ultra settings.

Have a look at this one:

1 Like

@ ZILLNIAZI17

Hello,

I donā€™t know, that stutters in 2nm final at Insbruck are quite visible. Ok, you said after Canada update, okā€¦ What ICAO of airport as example you have problem to load quickly? I donā€™t have any WU so only Iā€™m curious and can test. On other side, did you read my report with 1s load of PLN file to sim compared to your more minutes load? This is also strange and similar problem with your sim functionality with read some hundred bytes long file.

Update: if I can only add some feeling, your video looks really nice compared to your HW spec and in case of graphics settings you have.

1 Like

What drive has the operating system on it? How much space is left on it?

Have you TRIMmed/defragmented the drives recently? (This is important)

Using the systemā€™s task manager how heavily used is the I/O and CPU?

Look for application or system software that uses inordinate amounts of CPU, memory, disk or networking resources.  One particular one to look for is the Windows Update Service - it can be a resource hog and bring a system to its knees.  If Windows Update is consuming a lot of system resources, there are several good articles on Microsoftā€™s site on how to resolve this.

Have you disabled/removed all non-essential system apps (like the monitoring software you mentioned)?  Have you tried temporarily disabling anti-virus software? (Re-enable it when done.)

Another thing you can try is running msconfig from an administrative command prompt and turn off all non-essential startup processes, (like Adobe updater, Firefox/Mozilla manager and/or updater, etc.)

Note: I believe that might be available from a task manager tab now, but I donā€™t remember exactly.

I donā€™t know if this will eliminate your problem, but we should eliminate all other possibilities first.

Hello,

for test I selected Toronto (Canadian Merrill C Meigs) airport and no problems, after 15s all loaded and ready for flight. Now I remember (hope good) that many users reported some problems after Canada update but really I donā€™t remember what kind of problems. Ok, any Europe airport, flight load is ok or you have also in Europe problems?