MSFS has gone crazy. Impossible to fly

You’re jumping to conclusions a bit too fast. You shouldn’t have reinstalled yet, but at this point you’re on your own :S

I cannot locate this setting on Xbox. Maybe I need to update PC version first?

My camera is moving on it’s own while using xbox controller.
it moves on it’s own towards the fllor always and is driving me crazy.
Avionics not working on cessna 172 like wth ?

1 Like

After reinstalling MSFS everything works fine.

I just had this issue right now where the camera kept moving on its own as soon as I connected my Xbox controller to just play with the drone cam outside. My mouse stopped working when I hopped back in the cockpit to pan around.

2 Likes

My my pfd/mfd screens are not showing up even tho systems are on for the Garmin 1000 and 3000 - I do have the working title improvements in community folder - possible this is the issue ? Also my avatar pilot is displaying inside the cockpit and am seeing sunglasses etc / mouth right on front of me - can’t see around it - any ideas how to get rid of? Thanks!

1 Like

Yes need to do this others can’t select anything in cockpit with mouse

1 Like

Also for me my controls have been totally messed up after the patch. Keyboard not working ingame,while working fine outside,Joystick not responding fully.I manually started the engine but if i go full throttle it can reach only 8 procent max now. thanks to switching to legacy again I was able to start the engine at least & request a pushback & clear for take off,but cant move the plane.

3 Likes

This restored some functionality . I wasnt even able to push buttons in plane & the crtl & e to start engine wasnt working either. Still had to start engine manually.

Interesting enough not even the AI pilot manages to move the aircraft forward.So there might be more up than keys not being assigned properly anymore.

1 Like

I have the same problem

2 Likes

The issue seems to be plane specific for me. I switched from Daher TBM930 to flight design CTSL & was able to do a smooth flight with CTSL .But when I switch back to Daher TBM930 it still has the issues. It was my favorite plane in previous release & had it by default even after installing the update.So thought maybe other planes are not broken.Or somehow the Daher got stuck with old settings since I didn’t swap since release,but after switch back to it using the CTSL ,the Daher wasn’t fixed so this is ruled out…The flight design CTSL seems to work fine But try switching between planes.I’ll get back when I test more aircrafts to see which ones work/ no longer work

Update
Did a flight with the airbus A30 & no issues with the airbus for me.
Only issues with landing assist not showing the pattern on arrival & the radio communication was blank for some reason after reloading a save game since I failed a few land attempts due to lack of guidance.After loading a save file ,the game seems to go over all the points where you have to increase/decrease altititude too.Some kind of backtracking issue where the game attempts to go over all the previous points you already passed.Maybe a pathfinding issue where loading a save wipes the progress of a flight or the progress of the IFR just isnt saved?
Will retry a flight with the Daher in a bit to see if the plane is still broken for me & will do one last update for the Daher in a bit

2 Likes

I have an issue with my PC and using an XBOX controller. When I load up at any airport with any aircraft and I connect my controller the game will freeze for about 2 minutes. 80% of the time it will then crash to the desktop and the other 20% of the time it will be fine.

However, if I keep the controller connected and then start the game then it will always get stuck when loading to any airport. It will go about 75-80% loading and then just freeze - even waited 30+ minutes.

The performance is great I will say that - i can fly around NYC with 40+ FPS whereas before I had barely 15 FPS. But it is not worth it if about 90% of the time the game crashes… it seems to be very fragile and will immediately CTD at the slightest hiccup. With no idea on what exactly caused the error…

1 Like

Same Problem

1 Like

I hope it works. I installed mine on a brand new install of WIndows and it’s horrendous.

1 Like

I’m having an issue as well after the upgrade. First the sim starts with AI flying the plane - I have to turn it off every time. Second, when I try to adjust instruments in the cockpit, i get a ‘tool tips’ window and I have no idea how to get rid of it. It is impossible to fly as I can’t click on any instrument. Grrr… Anyone know what i’m doing wrong?

1 Like

After the ■■■■ Update, my whole Throttle and Joystic Keys went gone to space ! nothing is working as i made it, nada… The heck happened, why do i have to set my new joysticks keys all over again? cuz of Xbox Users has those and those and MSFS desided to reset or change it all? ■■■■■■ MSFS ■■■■■■! Totally disappointed!

3 Likes

PC user. Issues with joysticks/controller settings. I have 3 different controllers and all have problems with flaps, throttle control, parking brake set/release. I have tried multiple setups and adjustments, with varied responses, but none worked correctly as they have for the last 7 months. Some planes work as they should, some don’t. This is true for in game planes, purchased MS game pay ware planes, and third party planes. Even the same setting such as release parking brake works for some planes and not others. This implies to me that something in the setting was recently modified. I can usually be in the cockpit and release the parking brake manually. Sometimes the release parking brake toggle causes the release using the joystick programmed key, but instantly toggles it back to Set. The setting is working like a toggle while I only press it once, rapidly, and it used to either release or set, not a rapid toggle for one press.

4 Likes

this does not work

Besides having all these “going crazy problems” I also found that my throttle goes into reverse mode as soon as I pushed it e.g. when starting taxi. The slider on my joystick now effects the throttle having it moving all the way down to reverse.
Anyone who has a solution to this?

Running the dev version

Is the throttle-slider on the joystick supposed to handle reverse instead of a dedicated button, like how it works on the standard A320?

Anyhow the sim doesn’t seem to find the CLB setting as it’s blinking LVR CLB all the time. It doesn’t matter how I move the throttle. The A/T VNAV (corresponding) functionality is just out of control, don’t know if it’s related to the CLB-issue.

Running latest DEV-version as the stable version is not workable after SU5.

Loading the simbrief flightplan from the flypad doesn’t work either!