MSFS inspired me to pursue my PPL

Nice Story, i get my gpl with 14 and my ppl with 17 because flying was since childhood a big dream.

But with 35 i think the PPL is nice to have, but real flying and piloting skills you get only with a glider😉

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong, You don’t do spins until you are working on becoming a cfi

Had a few lessons canceled due to weather, a few more due to maintenance issues… but I got back in the air this past weekend and… I brought along a new camera!! I got a GoPro Max which does 360-degree recording. Come ride along in the cockpit for some landing practice:

Still haven’t solo’d yet but my instructor keeps saying I’m right on the edge. Just need to clean up the landings a bit more and have the weather cooperate.

2 Likes

Oh my gosh… It happened!!! I flew solo for the first time yesterday!! At 18 hours in the logbook. I’m pretty happy with that. I think it would’ve happened earlier but we’ve had terrible winds lately. My last several logbook entries are just “Crosswind, Crosswind, Crosswind”. But we finally had a day with calm winds.

I wasn’t expecting it at all. She told me last lesson that she wanted to practice our aerial work more before I soloed. Then when we got in the plane she said we were going to go up and practice the pattern a bit more, I figured it was because of the weather. We did two normal landings and a simulated engine out, then she said “Alright, now pull off on taxiway Bravo and drop me off at the terminal, you’re going to take it out yourself!” I was shocked, but ready! Went up and did 3 more laps with great landings. My partner got me an iPad Mini and Sentry ADS-In unit to use with Foreflight once I start cross-country work. I’ve been practicing with Foreflight in the sim. I’m ecstatic and can’t wait to continue with the next stages of training!

Join me in the cockpit for a lap around the pattern and two more landings.

But… was it really a solo if all of you are in the cockpit with me? :wink:

4 Likes

Impressive! Congratulations!

1 Like

Hi @FerretWitASpork, congratulations on your achievement. Very happy for you! :slight_smile:

You are absolutely right. Could you do us (and yourself too) a big favour by reading and voting up the following?

2 Likes

Congratulations on your first solo trip! That is an amazing accomplishment!

1 Like

Congrats! Hats off to you.

1 Like