MSFS Launches MS Store for Gaming Services

Run powershell as admin and remove spaces

Already tried. Same thing.

and following another topic, I have reset MFS2020 (Window Tab + I)
Now itā€™s worseā€¦ Nothing at all happens when I try to launch the game (laucher still available in the windows menu) and in the windows store it appears as not installedā€¦ And NOTHING happens when I try to install (I already rebboted 5 five timesā€¦)

That means registry key does not exist so skip

Remove-Item -Path ā€œHKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesā€ -Recurse

and try again

Try again what ?
Donā€™t understand why official windows store and MFS team is doing nothing about this as I am not the only one struggling with it.
Furthermore Iā€™m not really into downloading stuff from outter MS official plateforms (from easyupload)

1 Like

How to Reinstall Windows 10 without Losing Data (3 Ways)? (ubackup.com)
or
Submit a request ā€“ Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

I give up.
I canā€™t spend my days doing this.
Already reset my laptop once for the exact same reason and probleme came back is less than 15 days.
Canā€™t do this every 2 weeks.

MFS2020 MFS2020 and MS Store teams are really disappointing.
THanks anyway @TenPatrol for your help attempt.

1 Like

Last attempt.

In windows seacrh bar type
powershell

right click on powershell and select

Run as administrator

Copy command below and paste into powershell window (right click to paste into powershell window)

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Click Get

some security software can block/prevent behavior like this(change some register or and software, services, etc.) and some time problem stay even after uninstall causeā€¦ thatā€™s why i very very long time donā€™t use any security software without problems, have to say, i had problems only when i used av, now i even donā€™t use uac and windows defender, i mean they are hard disabled in register, this is not advice! just some info

I have the exact same problem and it has been that for nearly a month now, one day everything worked fine and the nextā€¦ it stopped.
I have re-installed and repair my windows twice and no matter what I do. The game services wonā€™t run thus I canā€™t re-install or play FS or any other games purchased on the MS store.

Just a moment ago, a new windows and xbox app update were released but none fixed my issue.

Iā€™ve tried every single solution Iā€™ve found on the internet, non worked :frowning:

Something must prevent the gaming service from running but Iā€™m completely clueless about why.

None of the proposed solutions to fix this problem works! Iā€™ve spent countless hours trying to resolve it using everyoneā€™s comments and processes related to this bug, but to no avail. The only solution is to completely reinstall windows (even repairing wndows it does not work, right along with restoring prior capture points). This means having to reinstall every single application and add-on software for numerous other games and simulators all because Microsoft canā€™t fix this problem!

They got my $120 dollars and thatā€™s as much as they are going to ever get from me again. MSFS is simply a waste of my time and energy trying to solve significant problems for which they apparently have NO interest in solving anytime soon. This problem has been happening for months (based on the forums) on end without any solution from Microsoft or Asobo. To make matters even worse Iā€™d have to spend 10+ hours downloading the application and its contentā€¦its insane!

Microsoft need to get this simulator on its own platform (single download or DVDs) and off of XBox and Store before I will ever move off of P3D.

1 Like

Funny how Microsoft always gets the blame when millions of users arenā€™t having the same problems.

Yeah sureā€¦

Because everything is running flawlessly for you does not mean it works for others.

5 Likes

Great response!

Have you changed manually the DNS of your Ipv4? Iā€™ve just did it and now I can download the gaming service app and it runs now.

It was set to automatic and now Iā€™m using the Google (8.8.8.8)

2 Likes

I havenā€™t tried it, but I also havenā€™t reinstalled MSFS either. I canā€™t afford to keep blowing away my other applications and simulators to solve issues for which Microsoft doesnā€™t want to fix. Its clear that even the forum moderators arenā€™t posting up or knowledgeable about these so-called ā€œemergency patchesā€ which may have solved the problem. This is the first time Iā€™ve heard about it.

It takes days to download and install the MSFS system, not to mention all the other simulators and all of their add-on products. The only way I would even consider reinstalling MSFS would be on a stand-alone machine, and I seem to be out of those at the moment.

Any errors? What about event viewer, system ver, system account, startup programs, windows update etc?

after update to 1.7.13 I canā€™t start MSFS 2020 anymore. It directs me to Gaming Services endlessly, even though Gaming service is listed as installed. After ā€œinstall on my devices!ā€ I get ā€œthis product is installedā€.
Same over and over again at any attempts to start MSFS:

Gaming services is at version 2.54.22004.0 and ā€œGet Updatesā€ at the Store Updates pages says "Youā€™re good to go!

same hereā€¦ I was really looking forward to this update, tooā€¦

Steps already tried as advised here : MSFS Launches MS Store for Gaming Services - #170 by TenPatrol

-Registry edit.
-Repair/Reset at Apps+Features/Gaming Services-> Advanced.

Both did not help