MSFS Launches MS Store for Gaming Services

The France update went perfectly but the next day there was a patch. It said It had to update in the store. It froze somewhere around 80% and nothing I did would get the download to resume. Out of desperation, I restarted the computer which then allowed the download to resume. Now when I try to launch the sim, no matter where I launch from, it goes to the Microsoft Store, Gaming Services. I really don’t have a week or two to uninstall and reinstall MSFS and all of the updates and patches. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

have you udated all other Apps in the Micrsoft Store ?
The Gaming Services App received an update yesterday as well.

Go to Microsoft Store, upper right corner, the three dots, then Downloads & Updates, then the big blue button in right upper corner.

Thank you. good place to start.

A good place to start but still no joy.

2 Likes

Today I’ve installed the update v1.15.8.0 The result is that 26 airports were not installed anymore. Anyone know what’s happening? Lot of airports are from ORBX.

My heart. There’s no doubt. Wanna go to a pub instead playing FS the whole evening.

1 Like

To help keep the forum organized, please use the #bugs-and-issues categories when seeking help for issues or bugs.

I have moved your topic into the subcategory: #bugs-and-issues:performance and have altered your topic title to reflect what your topic is about.

Thank you.

1 Like

Were these airports Community ones I.e. not from the Marketplace? If so, that’s a bug, I think. If I view my content, it shows all my community addons as uninstalled. I think that is correct, and I’ll double check in a bit.

Hi,

A lot I’ve bought directly via ORBX. The were installed into FS2020 via the ORBX Central installation manager. Before the update all 26 airports were installed correctly and part of the installed airports which you could lookup via de FS2020 Content Manager.
I just checked all airports and the conclusion is that all the airports which have now the status of “not installed” are all part of ORBX. There’s one exception and thats the one from Prosim737. This is a B737 aircraft.

Thank you very much for your support. It’s my first post :grinning:
Feedback is always welcome.

1 Like

Maybe check if you have the latest gaming service update!?

Thanks for your response. I have done that. I have finally resorted to reinstalling MSFS. It’s a long process but it is the most effective way of resolving the issue. Had I bought from Steam, maybe the corrupt file could have been replaced without doing this. I’m not sorry that I bought the sim through the Microsoft Store but maybe somewhere down the line they will have the ability to scan the files and resolve issues like this.

What the ??? are you talking about.

I bought it via the MS Store.

Please tell the issues that I am unaware that I have that I do not know…

So is your title saying that MSFS has LAUNCHED something called MS STORE FOR GAMING SERVICES? Is this an announcement of something?

2 Likes

[The France update went perfectly but the next day there was a patch. It said It had to update in the store. It froze somewhere around 80% and nothing I did would get the download to resume. Out of desperation, I restarted the computer which then allowed the download to resume. Now when I try to launch the sim, no matter where I launch from, it goes to the Microsoft Store, Gaming Services. I really don’t have a week or two to uninstall and reinstall MSFS and all of the updates and patches. Any help would be greatly appreciated.]

This is my original post although someone else chimed in with an unrelated post so a forum moderator moved the post and changed the title.
I have reinstalled MSFS and it is now working but I am still in the process of getting the patches installed.

1 Like

Hi there.
I have the same problem, so when trying to start MSFS I am redirected to microsoft store to download gaming service which is already installed. I tryed almost everything proposed but MSFS won’t start anymore. Tryed to stop the services, tryed to reinstall gaming service but it is stuck at 2.51.3002.0 So is the ONLY solution to reinstall the complete MSFS? please no…

1 Like

dana4jetson,
It would seem so. That’s what I ended up doing. Now I just have to work my way through all of the patches. I hope someone comes up with a solution before you have to go through all of that.

Did you get an answer to this?

No, I did not.

Having the same issues, any work around? Do I have to reinstall AGAIN?