Combined Microsoft Gaming Services + MS Store Issues

Hi,

I bought MFS2020 and installed it on a brand new Dell G5.
Everything was working until it started to redirect me to “Microsoft Game Services” page for no reason.
Stuck, nothing to do with it.

I asked for help and some people tried,

but situation is getting worse… and I can’t do anything.

Now

• I have the MFS2020 Laucher with nothing happening when i try to launch or uninstall
  • I have in the MS Store the option to install the game (that I owned) but nothing happenning when i try to install

As I am on a brand new windows 10 cumputer, updated, no firewall, only MS programs installed I m expecting help from official support. The way to launch the game is a real mess and lot of people are struglling with it.

So

1. fix your issues with MS Store (you say it’s not your problem but MS Store issue while they say it’s not their problem but yours)
  2. HELP US

I bought this game to play, not to spend my week-ends trying to fix YOUR problems.

Thanks,

Does your ISP set limits? … Even though I have an unlimited allowance and a 50GB connection my provider seems to stop large downloads at busy times but it could also be local businesses hogging the lines. Nowadays I just wait till midnight.

Politely explain to them your problem and they’ll probably increase your bandwith a little.

It’s difficult to comment, since I have no idea what things you tried already. But this redirect issue is a known one.

They brought out some Windows 10 updates to fix that.

I’ve had some issues too, and what worked for me was to reinstall Gaming Services. That seems to be the one where all the nonsense starts.

You delete it. Then reinstall it. Go from there. Unless you tried that already.

Unfortunately already done almost everything including all this as I said.
I just need direct help from MS Store and/or MFS2020 teams, but they are more likely to say it’s not their fault but the other one fault than provide real support.

Current situation is MS Store invites me to install the game… but nothing happens when doing so.
And for some reason, I still have the MFS2020 launcher in my windows menu… although it’s removed

System up to date? If yes please copy/paste OS build.
Gaming services and xbox app installed?

I have no limits, and everything was really working fine at the beginning… so it’s a really odd situation.

yes… everything is updated, both windows update and dell update say I’m fine with that.

Maybe someone set up a huge bitcoin mine?

Go to
System settings > system > about
scroll down to windows specifications

I’d probably try to reset / repair the Windows Store app. Sign out / sign back in.

Then I’d try to remove any trace of MSFS (also in the registry). And repeat that store procedure, with the occasional reboot and re-login.

If then still no success and I wanted it desperately enough, I would start to think about a complete Windows reinstall. But that should really be last resort.

CC cleaner recommended

I am sure you will have allowed everything Xbox or Microsoft Flight-related through your Windows Defender Firewall.
And as it is DELL I am presuming McAfee will be installed on the Laptop it could be blocking you?

Did you try right-clicking the Launcher on your desktop and run as administrator?

I’d probably try to reset / repair the Windows Store app. Sign out / sign back in.

Already done

Then I’d try to remove any trace of MSFS (also in the registry). And repeat that store procedure, with the occasional reboot and re-login.

Already done

If then still no success and I wanted it desperately enough, I would start to think about a complete Windows reinstall. But that should really be last resort.

Already done, but don’t want to do it every 2 weeks…

So you’re saying a Windows reinstall didn’t solve anything?

Hmmm. Then I might agree with @TastierOsprey80 that you might have some type of connectivity issue. A blocking firewall, antivirus software, something like that.

CC cleaner recommended

sure, but CCleaner can’t see MFS… so can’t remove anything

Your system is not up to date.
Run windows update and update system to the latest version. Also install optional updates.

No : it solved it for a while, but same exact problem came back 2/3 weeks after the full reinstall…

Windows Update says I’m up to date :sweat:

what about optional updates and gaming services?