MSFS Launches MS Store for Gaming Services

I am having exact the same issue since yesterday ?

I assume notā€¦ same as nobody forced him to buy new hardware, to buy a new VR glass, etcā€¦ :wink:

Him and M$ are the only ones who know the answer to that. Think you missed the point. The point is that M$ told him to get another platform if he wants to enjoy the game after heā€™s already spent quite a sum to do just that, which in customer support terms (my line of work) is equal to ā€œthanks for paying, now f**k offā€.

exact this was the point which he have to agreeā€¦ or are you ā€œheā€ ?

I donā€™t believe that these company spend ā€˜million dollarsā€™ into the development of the PC version and then tell the users ā€œgo awayā€ :rofl:

1 Like

You obviously donā€™t work for one of those companies. And I think youā€™ve missed the point again: they literally told him to come back, not go away. :slight_smile:

xbox, I know what you mean :wink:

I focused on PC version ( environment ) and as sayā€™d, I not believe that they would let die the PC version and force users to switch to xbox. I would not know what happens in case this would be any kind of official statementā€¦

Just thought Iā€™d add that Iā€™m also having the same issues. Apart from I canā€™t open any of my Xbox Game Pass installed games - straight to gaming services.

I have tried everything but this:

Installing the KB5004476 update.

Annoyingly, it doesnā€™t appear on my optional updates as apparently it only appears if you have the 21H1 feature update. Therefore, Iā€™ve had to manually download it from the Microsoft update catalogue (making sure I get the correct version which you get from settings > system > about). So far, the version that is meant for my PC, apparently isnā€™t for my version of my PC. Sigh.

Given that Iā€™ve literally not played MSFS yet (bar 10 minutes when I was able to sit in a plane but didnā€™t have time for a flight) but have over 100 hours of downloading updates because Iā€™ve had issues at every hurdle (I have already downloaded and installed/reinstalled 3 times), if this doesnā€™t work Iā€™m never coming back to it.

I genuinely have never had to sweat so hard to open a game.

I have this regularly. I press ā€˜installā€™ then run the sim again and it all seems to be OK.

1 Like

Update wouldnā€™t work. I literally download the correct version and apparently itā€™s not ā€œapplicableā€ to my system. Itā€™s not already installed.

Therefore, Iā€™ve just uninstalled every game pass game. Re-downloaded the 1.1GB MSFS base to test and what do you know, it openedā€¦ and got stuck on a black screen after the initial animations then CTDs.

What a game.

Start Menu ā†’ Add or Remove Programs ā†’ Gaming Services ā†’ Advanced options ā†’ Repair

3 Likes

@SamsephWooT did you get the right version of the patch from the catalog?

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5004476

That didnā€™t work unfortunately when I tried it.

Yes - thatā€™s the update that I used.

Same here. Tried all Windows 10 versions from the catalog - the update is not applicable to your computer. Played the game a total of 3 weeks, now itā€™s been 3 weeks since it wonā€™t start. Way to go, Micro$oft! What a jokeā€¦

this worked for me. thanks

Latest Gaming services/MS Store/FS updates made it work for me after close to a month.

Yay! and I feel sorry for those with ā€œexoticā€ installs :wink: :+1:

I tried two ways to resolve this:

FIrst: Reset Windows store:

• No success

Second: Reset Game Services: Open Programs and Features in Windows settings, Click repair or reset, or maybe both

• Success! Next time the flight simulator started just fine.

Donā€˜t know if it is relevant or was posted before, but can not hurt to link it:

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405748540306-Microsoft-Store-Error-0x80073D26-

1 Like