MSFS Launches MS Store for Gaming Services

For the past week, whenever I try to run MS FSIM20 it takes me to Microsoft Store to update Gaming Services. I have updated Gaming Services (which takes ages), uninstalled it, re-installed it (several times), tried all the fixes on the forum, and yet I’m still getting the same problem. Very frustrating that sometimes when you just want to play the game, you just can’t! Sometimes I have a couple of hours spare, and decide to play MS FSIM20, and I end up spending the whole evening watching it update. Get a grip MS!!!

I’m getting deja vu’s from the 90s. ■■■ are you doing MS??
Not only this stupid redirect to MSstore. If I get past this hurdle there’s also the risk of getting in the xbox > press any key loop.
Jzs f** ch***

After trying all tips I finally managed to fix it with this:

Try reinstalling the Gaming Services package on your Windows 10 device:

1. Right-click the Start button  in the lower-left corner of the main screen, and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
  2. In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:

3.Get-AppxPackage gamingservices -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers*

After that you’ll be able to download Gaming Services again from the MSstore and start MSFS.

what a mess…

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/errors/error-code-0x80073D26

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/simulator-doesnt-start-anymore-at-all/314155/494

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/game-will-not-update-hotfix-2

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/update-the-fs2020/438077/23

I had this error, all I had to do to fix it was open Task manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc), Go to the Services tab, Find GamingServices and GamingServicesNet, Right click each of them and select Restart. MSFS Said it wouldn’t launch for a moment, then an update came in for the Microsoft Store for MSFS. It launched after that update ran. Hope this helps people, as it’s a simple solution.

When I try to launch MSFS Windows takes me to the MS Store Gaming Services. It says this is already in installed. If I go to the Gaming tab and click MFS I get a bar which says “downloading… completed” over and over but never stops. I cannot launch the game.
I believe I have installed the Store update of the latest version but can’t proceed into the game to finish updating.

Have you tried clicking on the three dots next to the launch button? try this and select ‘update’ if it is there, if it is not there make sure you have the Xbox app installed - search the MS Store for this and install it if not. Exit amd re-enter the MS Store and repeat the above to see if the update becomes available. After that try launching the sim again.
Please report back.

This worked for me to at least start the download, 500-600 MB. Still cannot completely update the sim as it crashes to desktop no matter how I launch it, but have a ticket in for that. This did enable me to see the update in the Microsoft Store with the XBox App installed.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405345181202

same as you SharpeXB and no solution found ATM…

I’m having the same issue. I don’t even have an option to start an update.

All updated and running , yet each time I want to run the game back to Microsoft and update gaming services , which show installed and up to date , I have to run windows shell power , do the delete all users thing , download re start game runs ! Not acceptable how do I get beyond this poxy issue ! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: great when game runs.

1 Like

I had to instal Xbox after having trouble installing the update. Ended up with a Error 0x80070424 so I had to reinstall the game, after running through the " Microsoft Store - Download and Installation issues, Part II - Basic Troubleshooting" which is running the WSReset.exe, then running powershell as administrator to reinstall the gaming services. I also went into the apps and reset my Xbox companion.

Working - So everything is working now, but you need Xbox app. I typically just stay logged into Xbox and MS Store.

Then when I shut down/restart my pc I just double click the MSFS icon on my desktop to launch the sim without launching Xbox or the store.

MS Store launching Gaming Services - Now randomly when I double click the MSFS icon on the desktop it will launch MS Store and redirect to the gaming services page.

Launch Xbox app to fix - I have to launch the Xbox App which says I’m still logged in, then using he MSFS icon/shortcut on my desktop works. If not try clicking play from XBox. Then I can close out/exit the Xbox App.

Again this is random - it’s happened 3 times out of about 15 times turned my pc on and I’ve opened MSFS via my desktop shortcut.

Seems to be some syncing issues between Xbox and MS Store.

So before you run WSReset.exe or powershell to reinstall gaming services, make sure you launch Xbox app first and see if the sim fires up.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

I wonder if just uninstalling and reinstalling the game would fix this? That’s like a half a day of downloading and no guarantee that the same problem won’t just happen again.

This doesn{t work for me. I even receive this notification: “You can continue. All your applications and games are updated”, but MSFS always send me to the Microsoft Store. What can I do?

1 Like

that was something I asked another user in April…I highly doubt it has any relevance for your situation in September.

I don’t know what you can do. The update process for this game is severly messed up.

I gave up understanding it. I just delete the MSFS app every new update and reinstall it.

I’ve had the same issues and for months all I could do was reinstall the sim. Sim would update fine for a couple updates then suddenly “gaming service page” so I’d reinstall.

If your going to reinstall try these instructions same as what’s in this thread,

It’s a short process, as I only delete and reinstall the MSFS app, not the official folder. I just rename that folder for a while in the reinstallation process.

1 Like

We should not still be suggesting half a dozen workarounds to get a piece of software to update.
The update process should just start a chain of events and install automatically without all this.
Don’t they realise what a total frustration this is and some people are still not updated because of it.

3 Likes

Thanks for your help. I installed X Box and I finally could update the program.

I’m still having this problem (i.e. Run MS FSIM and it just opens MS Store for Gaming Services). I’ve wasted so many hours on this. I’ve tried all the tips on the various ‘Microsoft-Store-Download-Installation-issues’ pages, i.e. Check for Windows Updates, Get Updates for MS Store, uninstall Gaming Services via Powershell, running WSReset.exe, installing the XBox app, running Troubleshooters, reinstall MS FSIM (when I have a day to spare!!!) etc. etc. A couple of times I have managed to get MS FSIM working (I even managed to eventually install World Update VI). Then when I try to run it the next day the same old problem is back again. This all started when World Update VI was released. Definitely more beta testing required before future updates. Either that or MS should be paying us for doing their testing! Losing faith in MS FSIM, might purchase X-Plane 11 so I can actually do some flying!