MSFS Launches MS Store for Gaming Services

Solved it by a regedit hack.

Hi,

thanks I will maybe try later today.

To be honest, I am still not happy with these “workarounds”. It is 2021, MS applies hundreds of restrictions on my PC installations claiming it is the best that users do not temper around with the files for their own sake.

And when MS is not able to update its very own program - instead of providing support or stating something official or providing a patch, it is expected that ppl start hacking their registry entries manually…? That´s not the way… And don´t tell me about hundreds of configurations and stuff - tthis might be true for the Flight Simulator issues, ok - but this is just a service program by MS and has nothing to do directly with FS.

Still, I appreciate the help of course. But I also do not want to risk my system´s stability in the long run, because MS maybe was not able f.e. to close their own service program before trying to update it (just an assumption of course).

One tipp from my side:

After the Gaming Services update was done correctly, it can happen that all MS Store apps are greyed out or give an statement like “is offline” or “There was an issue, please re-install”. The best way here is to WAIT. After some time, it recognizes the apps again without any need for reinstallation.
This was also true in the past for me, if it might happen due to other reasons. Again, the MS “information” / “error statement” might be misleading for such cases.

1 Like

I get where you are going with this, Gaming Services eventually seems to have corrected (after a couple of weeks), however game would still not run. Have deleted MFS and was looking to reinstall… guess what, wont download. Seems as though there is a program inhibiting the download.

Its a Microsoft product using Microsoft Windows, you’d think…

Unfortunately, we are all paying the price for Microsoft’s near monopoly in operating systems. If Microsoft had healthy competitors, no one would put up with “gaming services” creating a problem for loading a program which was already purchased (and operating fine before the latest update). This should not be a do it yourself project for computer geeks. I don’t want to hear about how to “fix” Microsoft’s problem; I want Microsoft to fix their own problem and not cripple my use of a program already purchased. Such is the stuff that lawsuits are made of.

1 Like

Give this a shot. It has worked for others.

Use the WIN+R key combo to open up a run box and in that box type wsreset.exe and press ENTER. It will open up another window and it may look like it isn’t doing anything, but let it run. Give it at least a minute. When it is done, Microsoft Store will open up. Click on the three dots in the upper right and select Downloads and Updates. Then click on the Get Updates button.

This worked for me :

Source : Error Code: 0x80073D26 Cant install Gaming Services in Microsoft - Microsoft Community

Open Registry Editor

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE → SYSTEM → CurrentControlSet → Services

Remove the GamingServices and GamingServices.Net

Restart Computer

Go to your Windows Store → 3-dot-menu → Downloads and Updates → Check updates

Gaming Services should install now without issue.

Double check by rebooting and going back to Windows Store and trying to Get Updates again - you should be Up to date.

3 Likes

some special people on here, omg :laughing:

That’s not entirely fair. Not everyone can be expected to be computer literate in all aspects.

Thanks, this helped get rid of the error on installing that ■■■■. However, once I did that restart and opened up the store again, Gaming Services wouldn’t update. It just says version 2.53.17003.0 is installed. Is this the latest one? Or did I break something and now GS will never update again? The sim starts right up, though. So I’m alright with that …

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

Thanks. It must have installed that before I could notice then. Or in the background.

I had success last night by uninstalling gaming services and then reinstalling it. Just “updating” didn’t work in Microsoft Store (I think because it thought it had already updated the file). I tried some of the other fixes listed in this string of emails but none worked for me. I’m sending a bill to Microsoft for “technical support.”

MODERATOR EDIT: This post merged into this topic.

After latest update, MSFS2020 wont launch from PC. Trying to launch it opens the Microsoft store in Windows10 to download Gaming Services App which is already downloaded and up to date. Trying to launch it from the Microsoft Store results in it trying to open the Microsoft Store again to download Gaming Services again. its a loop at this point.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
I am not in Developer Mode.

Brief description of the issue:
Description is above,

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

|Processor|Intel(R) Core™ i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz|
|Installed RAM|32.0 GB|
|System type|64-bit operating system, x64-based processor|
Geforce RTX 2070 Super
|Edition|Windows 10 Pro|
|Version|21H1|
|Installed on|‎6/‎14/‎2020|
|OS build|19043.1023|
|Experience|Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0|

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Microsoft store

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
Yes, submitted a Zendesk Ticket. # 107054

Same here. Any answeer yet?

Try > https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/solved-msfs-does-not-start-microsoft-store-error-code-0x80073d26/406876/5

I had same problem after a windows update a couple of days ago first time I had this problem none of the power shell or reg edit fix’s worked for me used media tool to reinstall windows - you can keep all your apps and this worked I suspect I will have to reset the usb power saving not checked yet

This took care of it for me. Thanks a bunch. Last thing I wanted to do was de-install / re-install.

Yes!!! Thank you

Thank you Steamy5771 - You have made my day. I have been struggling to fix my MSFS for days now. The Gaming Services ‘bug’ - I followed your advice and made changes by regedit. SUCCESS. I am now loading MSFS. Excellent. Thanks again.

1 Like

Regedit can be very disruptive to your PC.

Please be very careful when using it and
only if you know exactly what you are doing.