MSFS: Live Dev Q/A January 26th Discussion

Well at least its inbtape Jorg is FINALLY aware after 16 months ….

So i supose its fixed with next patch … (sarcastic mode off )

2 Likes

Okay I was just wondering

1 Like

Only on Xbox…

No. They are on MS Store PC version, too.

1 Like

oh?? I stand corrected. Never see a single one in my life. lol

You using the MS Store version?

Press Windows-G and utilize the game overlay to access them.

I’d wager they exist within Steam, as well.

2 Likes

10 years plan hopefully they will be more focused on the bugs before all the updates hurrying the gbs I know there is GB cards do anybody know if we can update Microsoft flight simulator while it’s on the gb drive down the road?

True, to a point, with the exception of Xbox. I do feel badly for the platform. And I can officially say I’ve flown MSFS on both platforms now – but Xbox is less “fun” due to so many restrictions (let alone I don’t enjoy interacting with airline buttons on a joystick – yes, I know you can use a keyboard/mouse, but most don’t on Xbox). Anyways, I do see their frustration – but we PC owners had to wait a long time for fixes too

How many of the One Million are continuing users?

I mean, a ton of people are on Game Pass and they might download MSFS and screw around. Then uninstall. They get counted as one of the one million, but they aren’t really users, now, are they?

Makes for a nice sound bite though — 1 million

7 Likes

Speaking from an Xbox perspective:

Every Xbox title from indie games to AAA releases is required by Microsoft to include “Achievements.” They are basically a set of tasks that can be accomplished in game to unlock them. As Jörg mentioned, Microsoft invented the concept and it was carbon copied by Sony.

The way it’s supposed to work is that once you complete the task, you are awarded the Achievement. For example, one of the most notorious glitched Achievements (called “My Way”) is supposed to be awarded when a pilot completes a 300+ flight from parking spot to parking spot on true to life settings. Should be simple enough, but for whatever reason, the sim doesn’t detect that the task has been completed.

The issue is that about half of the Achievements in MSFS simply don’t unlock after completing the task exactly as described. There are whole threads of multiple users trying to troubleshoot to get Achievements to pop.

3 Likes

Do you think they will lower the updates GB for Xbox if you read my last post?

They mentioned on today’s Q&A they had the highest amount of users in Nov/December than ever before, or ever on any previous sim. So I do think there are many, many more than those who visit the forums. But, yes, to your point, I’m sure some Xbox users probably tried it and have moved on.

If you’re in the sim, just go to Profile and click on Pilot Profile, and your statistics and achievements are listed there, too.
Regards

1 Like

Thanks very much for explaining.

But what is the benefit of obtaining an ‘achievement’? This is a flight simulator so I hardly expect a boss level to become unlocked, extra planes or airports to appear.

Does it actually mean anything?

3 Likes

Reading your other comment, I’m not sure what your question is. Are you concerned that eventually the GB usage will get to large and require an external hard drive for Xbox users?

Ok I just asking because updates are eating up the gbs for Xbox players

Sorry, late to the party… did they mention anything about weather?

Yes, very much work in progress. Martial mentioned issues with cloud rendering especially thin cloud layers.

2 Likes

There are a subset of users (I include myself in this group) that are completionists and make it a goal to complete every Achievement, complete every landing challenge, complete every bush flight, etc. It may sound trivial, and I totally understand the perspective of those who don’t care for them, but they can be a great tool for devs to challenge users to try something in the game/sim that they normally wouldn’t otherwise try (complete a ILS landing, or trans-Atlantic flight). Besides that they are a lot of fun.

Going out on a limb here a bit, but with a sandbox literally the size of the planet and no one telling you what to do, it can be nice to have a specific task/objective to complete that you didn’t have to come up with by yourself. Even hardcore simmers have virtual airlines with schedules and tasks to complete. It just adds some structure.

The full list of MSFS Achievements and their completion criteria is here if you’re curious.

4 Likes

Maybe you missed the reason behind that comment ?

There are some very exciting VR improvements being developed , applicable to MSFS VR, by an independent 3rd part Dev team, during the last few months

The “fingers crossed” referred to MS & Asobo finding a way to work with that 3rd party Developer, to bring these exciting new improvement to MSFS.

1 Like