MSFS: Live Dev Q/A January 26th Discussion

Got you, thanks again. I’ve been flying since day one of MSFS, over 1,000 hours in now, and I honestly handn’t heard of achievements until today!

1 Like

Yeah it’s not a small download by any means (I think it’s somewhere around 130GB), but there are other titles out there that take up just as much, if not more space. An external hard drive is a solid solution.

Np. Just curious what version you bought? Xbox and Steam for sure have Achievements. I would imagine the Microsoft store version would have them as well but I’m not sure. You probably would have completed some just through doing normal flight activities.

Edit: there’s an Achievement for completing 1000 hours lol. You might have it unlocked.

Thanks for explaining.

I have one question.
What is the “reward” for those achievements?

I never worried about them, but now I´m wondering if I´m maybe I´m stuck with this [censored] ATC because I have not “earned” the achievement that unlocks a better one…

That’s because they’re broken. lol

We have them for the Steam version as well. Some work. Some are granted when you’re not even fulfilling the requirements for it. Others just don’t work at all and you’re not able to get them.

2 Likes

Achievements don’t have any material impact on the gameplay itself. There are no unlockables or upgrades for example. (And definitely no effect on ATC)

1 Like

I think a lot more than 1 million, given there were 2 million in December 2020:

How many still here is another question, although Jorg said numbers had doubled since summer 2021

Thanks again.

Actually, I was kidding about ATC, but really wondered if there was some kind of “reward”. Now I understand. Thanks very much.

Well, there was only about 1,400 people in the Q&A today. Didn’t see 1 million people.

Lots of cool seaplanes coming as Local Legends and Famous Flyers! Any talk of improved water physics in the Q and A?

3 Likes

I have apparently 24 out of 43 though… never paid much attention to them. Too “gamey” for my taste, and not important.

Yes, the twitch channel has 28,8k followers, so I suppose it’s not too bad. Not everyone is so passionate about the sim that they follow these things live. I for one am not following the channel, and am watching the stream only now after it was live.

Really?
I would expect at least 10% would follow. So out of the 1 million customers, wouldn’t that make it about 100,000 subscribers?
I think it’s more like a bump & run. People check it out for a minute, then many just end up leaving.

If you want to know how many people are actually using this sim, maybe the views of this video are closer to reality?

Does DLSS improve performance of AMD cards? I have an RT5700XT.

1 Like

AMD uses FSR. It works great if implemented correctly but if there is a DLSS setting only you‘re out of luck.

And I believe you need an RT 6*** card

What about the approximately 60-80% of buyers who, according to analysis, no longer play the game or only play it very rarely. Are they all happy too?

Sorry, I always have to put the brakes on these “millions”.
The statistics, outside of Microsoft itself, show real numbers.

4 Likes

Only those cards that support DLSS, unfortunately yours doesn’t.

I just read FSR is compatible most cards including the 5000 series. The article also said it’s compatible with NVidia cards too.
Hmmm

1 Like

I’m aware of how many players there are here, thank you.