MSFS more and more an arcade game

this is 100% modern Arcade

MSFS 2020 | RENO AIR RACE - UNLIMITED CLASS | F-51D Voodoo | Cockpit | Race - YouTube

and this

1 Like

I get what you are saying. BUT You don’t have to buy Reno Air Races. Get the CRJ instead. I have both so I am very satisfied with the entire platform. The blanket statement that MSFS is “more and more an arcade game” is simply not true. It is a contrarian opinion meant to button push and cause discontent.

4 Likes

Let it be an arcade game for those who want to use it that way. The more people who can be introduced to and catch the bug of flight and flight simming, on whatever platform they have, the better it will be for all of us! Developers will have more $$ to devote the resources to high end study level addons for some and arcade - point and fly - DLCs for others. Use the MSFS platform which ever way you want… but don’t forget a very short time ago this awesome hobby was all but dead. Asobo and MS needs to sustain itself and build for the future. You don’t have to purchase anything you consider arcade and if you’re like me you’ll fly a Hornet in DCS.

1 Like

your picture is out of time :joy:

When I was. LTJG in the Coast Guard and my best friend from high school was a 1st LT and flight instructor for the Air Force, I visited him as I was driving to my new duty station… he placed me in one of the jet flight simulators and we had a blast…. Definitely treated that multi-thousand dollar motion simulator as an arcade game… a ship driver flying a F14…. Hilarious.

It is not the equipment or the software …it is how the user approaches the use of it…. Heck, going through my PPL lessons, the chair became a very serious simulator for “Chair Flying” before my instructor and I went up for a lesson.

It is not the software, it is your attitude towards it whether II is viewed as a game or simulation……

8 Likes

Sounds fantastic, and in the simulator was the scenery fantastic, It just reminds me of the Sully Movie famous hudson Landing. In the A320 Simulator how basic buildings and scenery looked. But weather conditions are perfect, obviously for flight training…this is where people expect too much, from £120 sim

Thank you for your comment. I’ve been in and out of the community for over thirty years, and for the most part find it to be a helpful and educational community always willing to help others.

However, one of the downsides has always been folks like the original poster who find way to complain and criticize based on their self-centered observations without ever taking note of the broader community.

Truth is, there are many types of simmers each with varying degrees of interest. From the “study level” to the casual gamer. The beauty of MSFS 2020 is its attempt to reach each of their customers where they find them and allow third party developers to be profitable by filling in the gaps - from “study level” pilots, to even want to be controllers (VATSIM).

We all get frustrated, when after hours or even days that one nagging bug gets us😊, Even then I find it’s the great members of the community that usually bail me out and set me on the right track to a solution. I for one thank Microsoft (remember the last ten years when everyone was screaming how they abandoned us), Asobo, third party developers and most of the community for allowing me to rediscover the joy of a great hobby.

4 Likes

“…… However, one of the downsides has always been folks like the original poster who find way to complain and criticize based on their self-centered observations without ever taking note of the broader community……”

:clap::clap::clap:

What’s even worse is all the responses from users like myself that fall into these silly traps… lol

1 Like

One can’t please everyone, one can’t seat in two chairs.
I personally agree with TS and from what I see, MSFS is moving toward arcade game. And I get it from the business point of view, because that’s where all the money is. But I feel myself cheated as a customer.

Pointless topic and yet more rhetoric where people seem to want to insist on labelling things - “study level”, “arcade”, “serious simmers” - all just to provoke or to impose their world view on others in a negative and energy sapping way.

Enjoy the game/sim/software/programme/entertainment however you want - the great thing is that it is capable of being whatever you want it to be.

7 Likes

People keep saying this but a sky full of F18’s and experimental aircraft is not going to appeal to the serious sim user so the appeal of online multiplayer has been removed for the serious sim user and that’s that.

Yes before you could count on lots of goofy flying in busy areas but they were limited by flight model to the visual annoyance they caused. The F18 with it’s speed and volume is not only a visual but an auditory vulgarity as well. I’ve already seen velocicopters on the flight line at airports, yea that happens all the time. :confused:

If there were a button to tick that completely removed both of those aircraft so I would never see one it would be done.

I can remove them from “my game” but any online play they are still in game.

That’s the reason I have multiplayer turned off except for when I join a group flight (I’ve had it set like this since day one).
You could try the ‘live players’ mode. Since this mode forces real time and weather on all players, it’s used less often.

If you do want multiplayer, but want only serious simmers in the air, you should consider joining a network like Vatsim or IVAO.

2 Likes

That seems the obvious solution I guess, it does seem a little “work-ish” but like anything new I should just give it a shot.

It’s just such a difference in the level of distraction.

Being woken up early on a Saturday by children playing is one thing, Morris Dancers set under your window every day at 5am is another.

I agree just how many more topics on this, but the OP is correct in everything he said. I bought the full version Premium Deluxe etc over £120 expecting to get at least a good Airliner and what a letdown that was! 50% of everything didn’t work and all the aircraft had the worst flight dynamics ever seen!
FBW saved this Sim!
But we now seem to be careering down this scenic path at a breakneck speed but in that part of the sim we already have a lifetimes worth of scenery already but ask for Asobo to fix their aircraft or ATC and it is labelled as heresy!

2 Likes

Did you read my yesterday’s post by any chance?

MSFS is moving toward arcade game. And I get it from the business point of view, because that’s where all the money is. But I feel myself cheated as a customer.

Could not agree more. Very well put.

Dear TastierOsprey80. I completely agree!

“scenic path at a breakneck speed” " a lifetimes worth of scenery"
“ask for Asobo to fix their aircraft or ATC and it is labelled as heresy!” :ok_hand:

Very well put. :grinning:

I also bought the full version Premium Deluxe, a huge disappointment.

1 Like

Some stress about what is not, while everyone else enjoys what is.

Like the PMDG and Mil-Viz aircraft we have now, and the PDMG 737 we should have around Christmas. Not to mention the Working Title CJ, FBW A320, and a bunch off others.

Uhmmm, a sky full of F18s ruin the game for you because you know they aren’t serious simmers. Are you saying that even if they aren’t in F18s, but you know they aren’t to your label of “serious simmer” that the game is ruined?

So what is your answer to that then? Start kicking out and banning anyone that isn’t a “serious simmer”?

Worse yet, now would you even police that? Does someone get three warnings to start being a “serious simmer”? Or do you just ban on the first misdeed that you would label them as not serious? What about the “serious” PC simmer who does behave in the appropriate manner by only flying your approved crafts and approved patterns, but one day decides to let their hair down for a couple hours and joy ride in a non approved craft? Or the YouTuber who reviews a new craft to see if it is “serious” enough and they are caught in the process? Do those serious simmers get an immediate ban?

Yes I know. You aren’t proposing any of this. But the ridiculousness of the statement that seeing non serious simmers ruins your game just brings to question exactly what is it you want done about that?

1 Like