MSFS more and more an arcade game

I think in future , I’m going to ignore threads with titles such as the above , and I’d advise others to do the same .

Same old , same old moan . These threads should be left to " the types " as some sort of group therapy session .

5 Likes

I suppose people moaning for some reason, huh?

Whoa there you’re jumping to all sorts of weird conclusions.

I’m not talking about “kicking out anyone” they can do whatever they like, how ever on my end it would be nice to omit them.

It’s not going to break anyone’s heart if they think that maybe the guy puttering along in a 172 cannot see them.

You could even have period flights, select to remove all planes built after a year of your choice or remove all jets or heck you could even select only F18’s.

Again I’m not talking about barring anyone from flying or doing anything, just add an option not to see them on my end.

1 Like

Uhhhh we have never used that clamor and we see that a lot of these negative comments come, fully expected, from people who believe the product to be faulty because it does behave as they think it should. For example, people who do not understand what advisory VNAV is and that the CRJ 550 has no autothrottle. When we see people calling it a bad add-on because it does not have the systems, we can, again, only kindly ask them to read the manual.

Support from sales on our own shop(s) is totally different from that to users on the Marketplace. A full 75% of that is kindly asking the customer to read the manual and fly the tutorial flight a few times so they get accustomed to the more complex systems. Not every person likes that and for those, we will have less complex aircraft available soon.

Btw, you can rest assured that Aerosoft will never call any of our commercial products ‘study level’. As I explained, we believe that determination is simply incorrect. For our professional products, we do use it and the customers pay for that.

6 Likes

Ahhh. Ok. It wasn’t clear you were asking for a filter. It was sounding like the presence of non-simmers in-game while you were in game was what was troubling you. My mistake. Apologies.

perhaps it could be better to have a multiplayer for people doing serious flight in a coherent environnement and a multiplayer “sandbox” for people not interrested by serious flight.
It is true doing a serious flight and when arriving at airport, having 3 aircraft landing and or taking off just above your nose kill the immersion and the experience (or having 5 A320 trying to takeoff from lukla when your try a serious fly there).
Everybody has its place, but perhaps not the same place will be better for everyone not sharing the same goal. You don’t put people playing with Mario Kart on the same circuit than those playing with Formula 1 2019. it’s just common sense, even if both are fun to play.

In P3D we invested a lot of time and money in our ‘Connected FlightDeck’. For one simple reason, flying an airliner on your own is silly, illegal, and an emergency, land at the nearest airport. I know many simmers believe they are capable of flying airliners realistically on their own, but crew management is 25% (!) of the training.

Multiplayer is a huge part of our plans in 2022.

Mathijs Kok
Aerosoft

5 Likes

I think that was the original intention of the ‘live players’ multiplayer mode. It forces real time and weather on everyone. It would be improved if this mode disabled slew mode and forced you to start from the apron.
‘All players’ is the multiplayer sandbox.

Still when you charge that much, there shouldn’t be the glaring bugs that your aircraft has.

I never have multiplayer on unless I am doing a group flight with people I know.

Lost me here. Glaring bugs? This would imply that I can’t miss them. Yet I am at a loss. Apparently I missed them.

Maybe you could point them out?

TOC TOD ETA’s are totally incorrect. TOD time which should be shown with vnav window up doesn’t show. Fuel predictions incorrect.

See, now that would be why I hadn’t noticed. I have not encountered this bug. Is this in the advisory or in flightplanning? With or without wind corrections?

Do you find the recommended power settings to be off as well?

The multiplayer in MSFS is not really a multiplayer for me. Of course, there is a “multiplayer”, but there is no possibility to agree and fly together with other pilots. Wasn’t there even in FSX a briefing room ?
How is that supposed to work in MSFS 2020? Are you supposed to randomly join someone who is parked at the gate? Maybe he feels annoyed or stalked, and cancels the flight.
Even if he is not annoyed, not everyone likes to fly 2 hours in real time. So you could know who is open for collective flights or group flights, if we had a briefing or meeting room. Years ago I flew on Vatsim with FSX, now I play on Series S. Well as serious as Vatsim it does not have to be, but simply give more opportunities to meet others.
What I personally have done 2 times is to look who flies on YouTube online, and I joined him. I have to search for someone on YT, but in the MSFS own menu this should be available.
Shared Cockpit? No, I do not even go that far. Simply a room where someone announces his flight for example “KLAX-KSAN Departure in 20 Minutes”.

I believe you can join the msfs club on the xbox console. Once in the club they has a place for multiplayer sign ups. You can set just about any type of fight you’d like.

Haters gunna hate…

WIN + ALT + G

Opens the XBox GameBar.

Nearly every time I open that there are people in the SOCIAL menu looking to arrange MP flights.
The XBox Party Chat allows for real time voice communications with others in your MP flight without any hoops to jump through.

MSFS is, afterall, an XBox title, so why not take advantage of that. Anytime I play a MP game on XBox we always have Party Chat active, so why not on PC too?

1 Like

Part of flying in a Simulation, is simulating the flight… including the pilot calculating and confirming items such as the TOC, TOD, Fuel, T/O and landing speeds and distances… :slight_smile:

At the end of the day, while this is a simulation, it is still a game, and Asobo is a GAME developer. As much as we would all LOVE to see a fully immersive and fully functional simulated environment, it is important to remember that Asobo answers to Microsoft; and Microsoft is a business that wants to make money…

To me personally, Asobo have done an amazing job so far. YES there are a number of issues, and I have been frustrated and annoyed at times and struggled through updates and broken items. But at the end of the day, where, WHERE can you pick up a fully mapped globe and fly anywhere for less than $1000CDN??? (Cost of an XBox and core software). While most of us have spent a $hit ton of money on new computers, GPUs, peripherals, and addons to make this sim better, think about the alternatives and what they provide? What do YOU (as a user of this software) want to do with it? If you want to fly fighter plans and shoot at each other and that’s it, then perhaps DCS or IL-2 might be a better option. There is also XPlane and P3D as other options…

FOR ME Personally I like the freedom of this sim to do pretty much anything, anywhere: I can conduct basic flight training with a Piper Arrow (or C172), I can fly airliners with the CRJ or FBWA320, I can practice carrier landings with the F14 or F18 (or Piper Arrow???)… So many possibilities, and in VR it all looks amazing. That being said, I currently run a Mid-Range system, so graphics are set to medium/high, so there is always areas for improvement. And it takes time to save for a new graphics card (if I can even find one available).

At the end of the day, This is still a GAME. It is a ten year project, and we just are barely in year two. YES there are a number of bugs, but show me a system that doesn’t have bugs… If you want to call this an arcade, so be it. If you don’t like it, don’t fly it, pick another software, don’t whine and drip because its not 100%, I challenge those whiners to come up with something better… Drop mic.

1 Like

There is a TON of F18’s in the game. All over the place. From TNCM PANC and all points in-between.

None of the default airplanes were ever “study level”. If you wanted one of those you would have to pay for it. There are certain companies that cater to those who want study level aircraft, but Asobo/MS isn’t one of them. They design airplanes that the 99% will use. Not the 1%.

3 Likes