Msfs Official Twitter is just an endless list Xbox requests

I feared we would be marginalised but this is ridiculous some of the requests dear me. It’s boring why are planes so expensive, where are the points missions, this game has no
Purpose and oh yes what is the point of this game.

Any real discourse it or targeting criticism is just lost in this guff.

7 Likes

As long as you’re enjoying it, who cares? I’m on Xbox and I’m loving it.

4 Likes

Doesn’t surprise me a bit

I think they’re going to have tough sledding with a large majority of console users.

By definition, this type of software doesn’t have much “stuff to do” in the way traditional gamers are used to. It’s one of the reasons I was always surprised MS were bent on getting it onto the Xbox at all honestly.

It will end up being a niche thing on console I think.

6 Likes

I think that’s why they pushed the top gun add on so heavily on the console ads despite it being months away.

I have no issue with console simmers and I’m glad you’re enjoying it but al those and there are a lot saying oh it’s boring and what the point don’t help anyone.

lol, pretty much my sentiments. had a good laugh yesterday going over twitter. take a look at some of the windows store reviews. this one in particular stood out to me.

this is what I would call a gamer, no offence, but that’s what you get when you buy a sim. guys seems like he just bought it because it was new and popular, without knowing what he was actually buying.

9 Likes

oh bless… people don’t understand what a sim is.

6 Likes

“And fly and that’s it…”

Ha ha yes that’s the kind of the point.

4 Likes

Oh dear, guess where the sim heads next… Gamey!

This is a real tweet reply

Come on game! At least make some achievements for flight paths etc and give a purpose to the game

I’m 40 and I love it, most of those post are written by a 12 year old, with a “I want it now” attitude. Most can’t sit thru a 30 min episode of SpongeBob let alone a 3 hour sim flight.

9 Likes

It’s supposed be a sim, you know replicates real flight

1 Like

this is a great case for 2 versions of the sim. just gamify the xbox version.

microsoft also own github so maybe they are also using that? just fork it. I’m willing to wait longer for Sim and world updates as long as I’m given something that’s working right in the meantime and doesn’t rely on more patches.

1 Like

I have to confess a certain enjoyment out of watching SpongeBob with my children when they were little. Some of the humour is priceless.

Anyway, I don’t think this is much of an issue. Thhose who try it and are bored will soon enough leave. Those who try it and get hooked may well be the next gen of simmers, and that can only be a good thing.

The demand for gamification is, of course, not limited to xbox players. For example…

I don’t think there’s anythign wrong with it at all. What will be interesting is if one of these add ons can work out how to get themselves on xbox, they will be on to a real winner

6 Likes

Are you talking to me?

I’m not a console simmer

is DCS a flight sim ? with all the missions, campains, ,multiplayer , etc … :thinking:

I agree with these guy from the windows store. He tell nothing else than that for a lot of users these game will be boring after a while. And I assume, because we speak about XBOX Gaming, these kind of users is what the managment of MSFS choose as a target :slight_smile: … and these usage-profile is not limited on the xbox.

Well, let me say it this way. Some simulate being an ATP, a GA Flyer being a Bush Pilot, or travelling around the world. Some maintain logbooks, Screenshots, etc. Nothing wrong to add some purpose and direction to simulated flight…

1 Like

and i can accept that. TBH i thought the same myself at first but not really anymore.

I didnt know those addons existed. those are a good choice, but also a hastle to someone not very technically inclined, the setup has to be fool proof.

I would imagine that MicroSobo are aware of this and that the next 12 months of development will be appealing to those “community demands”

In fairness a career mode fills that need a lot and it wouldn’t actually hurt if one was introduced.

For all its 12+ months of development FS2020 is still just a bit of a “pretty boy” by sim standards. All looks and little depth.

I’ve been aware and somewhat ok with that hoping that more depth will come in time.

I may have been wrong. The depth may never come. However, despite obvious nerfs to the way it looks on reasonable PC hardware it’s still a good looking sim.

I’ll still fly it I guess but my focus is drifting back to the other sims I have neglected over the months. It feels less like home than it once did.

I don’t use them myself. I did download Neofly to have a look, but didn’t actually get it up and running. I might well go back to it at some point. It’s the only one that is free for the base capability with paid enhancements. Looked quite interesting tbh.