Msfs Official Twitter is just an endless list Xbox requests

Whomever wrote that doesnt have a clue. Nothing to work towards? How about the massive learning curve that is learning to fly something like an A330 using correct procedures on Vatsim? If that isnt a challenge I dont know what is. Sound like all he wants to do is shoot things, typical short attention span mentality.

1 Like

I actually think that Microsoft/Asobo can get away with just one version of the sim with maybe additional performance sliders in the PC version.

This one version would be a ‘serious’ sim (like now) with difficulty options to make it as easy or as hard as the simmer wanted.

The way to ‘gamify’ the sim would be just for Microsoft or somebody else to come up with some ‘gamey’ addons for those simmers who just wanted to have some light fun be that PC simmers or Xboxers.

I think both markets (simming/gaming) can be well served with a bit of imagination, flexibility and business enterprise. This could be the start of a whole new market for developers who have previously just concentrated on believable aircraft or scenery and the serious side of things. There could be a whole new and untapped market for ‘gamey’ addons (not just career addons which we have now) which has not yet been exploited. All it needs is a bit of imagination and coding skill :slightly_smiling_face:

Good riddance! :joy::love_you_gesture:

ive never used DCS. tried once before on my old potato and it would run out of ram when loading anything. but its a military sim, military pilots fly missions. seems logical. go bomb this target, go give air support to groud troops. you know, a simulation of what a military pilot does.

And thats the point, this is a simulator, its in the name. you simulate what a civil or airliner pilot does. granted you can also go crazy and not follow any of the FAA (or whatever governing body affects you) flight rules. but this is first and foremost a sim.

When you say ‘we’ who did you mean? Inevitably after Xbox launch there are loads of new questions so anything else that gets into the details may fail to be seen. I guess that’s what this forum is for. :slightly_smiling_face:

I think it’s awesome to see new people engaging with the sim.

https://twitter.com/FlyWithSeedyL/status/1420760969035190284

1 Like

Who cares?

What kind of meaningful discourse did you expect in replies to the MSFS Twitter account?

Was there meaningful discussion going on there before the Xbox version?

There’s barely any meaningful discussion even on this forum.

2 Likes

2 Likes

As this topic borders the Code of Conduct and SOP, closing.

Please do not direct posts to others.

• The Skies are Open for All - Everyone is welcome to Microsoft Flight Simulator regardless of age, gender, race, sexuality, or creed.
  • One World, One Community - Not matter how you play – regardless of console, experience level, or reason – we are one community of aviation lovers.
  • Follow Your Checklist - Adhere to the set of rules from each community space. Skipping a checklist item can ground a flight quickly.
  • A Pilot is a Pilot - Welcome new pilots to the community with respect, and seek to have positive experiences with your fellow pilots.