MSFS plug-in for Voice Attack users

If you use Voice Attack to do voice automated control of Microsoft Flight Simulator, I wrote a free plug-in that gives you some extra capabilities specific to MSFS.

One of the biggest things for me is being able to say “Set Nav1 to 119.6” without having to fiddle with the dials or keyboard : )

Features:

• Ability to set COM, NAV, and ADF Radios (active and and standby)
  • Ability to set most Autopilot functions : Heading, Vertical Speed, Altitude, Air Speed, …
  • Ability to set the Transponder code
  • Ability to toggle each of the different types of lights : Nav, Beacon, Strobes, Cabin, Taxi, Landing, …
  • Extracts 50+ sim data points into Voice Attack variables

Plug-in homepage with install instructions and FAQ:
https://github.com/jamescl604/MSFSVoiceAttackPlugin

Download page (you want the zip file)
https://github.com/jamescl604/MSFSVoiceAttackPlugin/releases

Also check out this other plug-in if you want some additional speech options for your Voice Attack profile:
https://github.com/jamescl604/MSCognitiveSpeechForVoiceAttack

Happy flying!

21 Likes

Excellent work! Many thanks for this :+1: :+1:

Hmmm…VoiceAttack 1.8.7.9 don’t show me the plugin. Other plugins works.

1 Like

Hello @VileIntent, great work on this plugin. This is exactly what I have been waiting for to use with VR. I just started using VoiceAttack in MSFS. I have used PlaneCommand in X-Plane for years. I installed your plugin and imported the examples file for radios, autopilot, transponder, etc. When I look at individual commands after importing the .vap file, I see UNABLE TO ACCESS PLUGIN. The document says to copy the \MSFSAgent folder to the \Program Files\VoiceAttack\Apps directory. In the downloaded zip file there is no “MSFSAgent” directory, but I assume it meant the \msfs-agent directory, which I copied to the proper location. I then set the profile to execute the MSFS Agent command on loading, but still get the “UNABLE TO ACCESS PLUGIN” message in the profile editor. When I try one of the commands, for example “Set transponder to 1234” it immediately responds with “Transponder set to not set”. Any thoughts?

That is exactly the same problem I have. I think the *.dll, the plugin itself, is not in the ZIP.

I am now using this:

It doesn’t use Simconnect, but it has a lot of preset commands that you can customise if you want.

1 Like

I am having the same issues with the plug-in not being recognized in VA (where HCS and other plugins are - installed in same directory) I believe you may be correct about the *.dll is missing…

Yeah, exact this msfs-agent.dll is not in the ZIP and also not in the online folder.

Thanks @ SkintErmine4112, got the .dll file from the location you pointed out. Also discovered that the Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll file was missing from the original download as well, copied that from the downloaded file you mentioned and things seem to be working now. I think it might help if the original poster, I think jamescl604, should recreate the download with those two files included.

Thank you. Now it´s work.
I don`t like github, btw.

Sorry for being late to the party and thanks for helping folks SkintErmine4112, you were bang on.

• need to make sure you’re using the 64-bit version of Voice Attack otherwise the plug-in won’t load or show up.

• also needs to be in a sub-directory of the Voice Attack apps folder (i.e. c:\programs files\Voice Attack\apps\MSFSAgent). The folder name doesn’t matter, just has to be a sub-folder of apps.

Glad people are trying it out, let me know if you have suggestions or want tips on how to use/tweak the commands.

+1 to Immersive Aviation’s work, I started my MSFS voice attack experience with that (still use it), he’s mapped a ton of commands which is a big time saver. I built this plug-in to handle the radios, nav, and autopilot things that weren’t easy do without using simconnect. High recommend using both together.

1 Like

I cleaned up the links in the original post, hopefully makes it easier to find the download.

Links are not working for me :frowning:

There is something wrong with the links in the original post. They are not clickable. Hopefully these will work:

1 Like

Took me a while to figure it out, since the github links in this post aren’t clickable for some reason and I missed the part about needing a different .zip file. But now it’s working! I’ve only played with setting my nav radios and still learning the syntax of the voice commands, but it’s really cool! Thank you for this!

I am having problems getting this plug in to work. I have read the solutions posted here but still not working. I have the 64bit version of voice attack, I have trike checked the files were installed correctly, I have trained my voice on speech recognition until I am hoarse. The problem is when I say set Nav 1 to whatever I am told nav radio set not set. The strange thing is it responds perfectly well if I say good morning, responses range from no rest for the wicked, hi, or I hate these Reed eyes. So it appears to work a little bit. I am confused.

I decided to go with a different option, I spent a couple of $ on a voice pack by HCF Voicepacks.
AVIATOR - Capt. Anderson | HCS Voice Packs Ltd
So far it’s been great and will only get better.

Going to check this out. Not expensive either. I just like things to work. Thx for link

I bought this and tried it out briefly. Works a treat. Hopefully they will update it to support voice activated radio tuning. I find it very fiddling but so far it’s a good an inexpensive tool.

Yeah, I am having a blast. It’s nice to set a heading without having to use a mouse :slight_smile:

karlos045813 - sorry to hear it’s not working for you. If the other app is working for you great. If you’re up for connecting this weekend to see if I can figure why the plug-in isn’t working let me know.

A few others have mentioned the same thing (x is set to not set) but it’s working fine for me so I’d love to figure it out with someone that can reproduce the issue.