MSFS SU9 - Stuttering audio and single digit frames with PMDG 737 (Solved)

The issue
So here is a YouTube video containing the dev window within MSFS and my task manager. I have been experiencing some dreadful performance with single digit frames, where before I never had this issue. You can see the GPU isn’t being utilized as much as it should (Prior to SU9 I used to see it utilizing it up to 100%). Also visible is that my video recording is smooth (you can see the cursor moving smoothly, the sim appears to be hanging up itself in regards of performance). The performance degradation appeared to happen pretty fast after take-off. I have seen people in Discord servers report similar issue and was wondering if someone has found some sort of “fix” for this issue.

Just also want to clarify, this isn’t related to graphics settings being too high, I took off with a stable 60 FPS and this degradation in performance stayed the same through the entire flight, making landing normally impossible.

Information
A/C used: PMDG 737-700
Time since loading in for the flight: ~50 minutes

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900k
GPU: RTX3080
MEM: 32GB DDR4 3600mhz
Storage: 1TB SSD M.2

Video footage

The poor main thread is getting hammered again. Similar issues were reported during SU9 beta testing.

Welcome to the forum.

The moderator moved this to third party section, so it could be related to that, if you don’t have the same issue with stock aircraft.

Moved to #third-party-addon-discussion:aircraft

1 Like

Do you have YourControl or ToolbarPushback installed in the Community folder?

I have the same problem. MSFS runs smoothly at my departure airport and in the air, but on approach an at my destination airport I have awful stutters. YourControl and ToolbarPushback are installed for me. Could this be the problem?

2 Likes

I am currently doing a test flight with YourControls removed, as I did have this installed I will keep you updated if this fixes it for me!

I have exactly the same problem. And also, I am using the same aircraft and I have the same specs as yours.

I wonder if this is because of the SU9 update, since I don’t have these stuttering issues with other aircraft.

Edit: I notice people mentioning YourControl and ToolbarPushback, I also have these addons activated.

I am seeing more and more people complaining on the PMDG forums about similar performance degradation during flight. I experienced this last night myself at the end of a 2 hour flight.

I do NOT have “Your Controls” installed, but I am using Toolbar Pushback.

I am going to delete Toolbar Pushback and try to duplicate my flight tonight and see how it goes.

hey guys, same here. start with 40-50 frames . After 1-2 hours there are only 10-15 frames on the approach.

UPDATE

I can confirm that removing YourControls and Toolbar Pushback (The one where you can pick the position you want to push back to) has resulted in my frames staying the exact same throughout the entire flight 2:14h block time from Portland to Las Vegas. This was definitely not possible last night, it would run into the insane FPS stutters and drops starting after take-off, none of this occurred after removing the mods mentioned above.

Hopefully this solves the issue for any others who are running into the same issue with their simulator
Here’s a little screenshot to celebrate the fact that I can finally enjoy flying my PMDG 737!

8 Likes

Maybe worth trying to contact the developers of those mods to let them know.

1 Like

Just checked on flightsim.to, there are some reports of the same issue, from like 2 months ago. A solution indicated by the developer was to remove everything from the community folder, start the sim, then put everything back except the Toolbar Pushback, restart the sim, and then put the mod into the community and restart the sim.

This is supposed to “reset” any older installation of the mod. People reported it working, haven’t tried it myself yet.

Topic Author selected solution.