MSFS2020 and Logitech G Flight Yoke - not working right - need help

My son has the PC version of MSFS2020 and the Logitech G yoke system (with additional rudder pedals). Unfortunately, the system doesn’t work right. The drivers for controls are installed and I can view and test them in Windows Control Panel’s Game Controller settings. All axis, buttons, etc respond and are working. Now, when he launches the flight sim, two things happen:

1. The yoke system doesn’t work from the start

2. The yoke system works for a while but then stops

Now, the yoke still responds in the Game Controller settings even when it doesn’t work in MSFS so I am assuming that the drivers are fine but the issue is with MSFS setup. The only thing we have noticed is that when it starts and works, the moment we do something with a mouse, the yoke stops responding. It is like MSFS switches from yoke controls to mouse controls disabling the yoke.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Are we missing some settings?

Have you installed the Logitech Drivers?

There is also a “Profiles Pack” not exactly sure what that is.

Logitech is not able to be calibrated in Windows, this may be some of the problem.
I have found this https://heusinkveld.com/download-diview/ free calibration tool to be one that works well .
It may be some help.

Freelook with mouse causes controls to freeze after SU5 - Bug Reports & Wishlist / Miscellaneous - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

1 Like

I have installed latest Logitech drivers. Will look into the calibration tool.

I have also looked at the bug report topic but my situation is a bit different. If I understand correctly, the bug states that if mouse is used, the controls stop responding but when mouse’s right button is released all goes to normal. In my setup, when the yoke stops responding, that’s it. Never comes back until computer and game are restarted. My son could be 2 hours into the flight, approaching airport to land and controls go dead.

I have the same combination and remember huge problems at the start in getting it to work.
If I remember rightly the problem was an inadequate usb power source. If you have the pedals (and maybe also the throttle quadrant) plugged in to the usb hub built in to the yoke, you must have a good power supply also plugged in there. You can also use an independent powered usb hub plugged staight in to the pc of course, but either way it needs a good power supply.

I used to have the yoke, quadrant and pedals. The yoke only has enough power to support the quadrant, For the pedals and or other panels you wil need a powered usb hub.
Happy Flying

Spad.next fixed that exact issue for me a year ago

Try running joy.cpl from the command line. I’ve noticed that it often requires a complete reboot to get both the yoke and rudders to respond properly - especially after putting the computer to sleep.

Not using any special drivers - they didn’t seem to help, so I got rid of them. Looks like MSFS ignores them for the most part anyway. Same as they give a stupid dialog at the beginning that my computer doesn’t meet the minimum requirements because I’m running an Arc 770 LE instead of AMD or NVidia - but it runs just great.

Unfortunate, but sometimes a full reboot is what it takes - same story for decades. On the good side, after removing all traces of NVidia, my reboot times are much faster. Good luck.