MSFS2020 is featuring in Windows 11 official announcement video

For anyone who might still have doubts whether MSFS2020 will be supported by Windows 11 (which is scheduled to be released coming Fall)…

…check out this video, timestamp 2:27 :smiley:

Beautiful and powerful announcement, by the way.

4 Likes

Which is scheduled to be released in the FALL, officially announced today, not released.

2 Likes

looking forward to it.

I humbly stand corrected. Time ‘flies’ when one is playing MSFS2020. Hadn’t realised it was June 24th TODAY, bhuhahahaha.

The following requirement has me nervous.

“* DirectStorage requires 1 TB or greater NVMe SSD to store and run games that uses the “Standard NVM Express Controller” driver and a DirectX 12 Ultimate GPU.”

(If you click this link, the App will be downloaded to your PC.)
https://aka.ms/GetPCHealthCheckApp

I presently run Windows 10 and FS2020 on a
500 GB Samsung NVMe PCie M.2 SSD.

Also, I don’t know what a DirectX 12 “Ultimate” GPU is.
I have a GTX 1660 TI.

Here is the complete announcement.

2 Likes

These are the DX12 Ultimate compatible Graphic Cards:
DirectX 12 (DX12) Ultimate API | NVIDIA GeForce

So basically from GEFORCE RTX 2060 upwards.

Yeah if they’re going to require an MS account, I won’t update. Too many stories about people whose account got blocked by microsoft and lost all their stuff (onedrive files, software), without any clear explanation by microsoft. Also the reason I am very reluctant to buy anything from the MSFS marketplace

1 Like

Isn’t the MS Store account already an MS account? Or how did you purchase MSFS2020 without such an account?

It is, so I’ll lose access to the game in case ms ever decides to wipe my account. However that is a calculated risk (and not too expensive). Imagine someone buying hundreds of dollars of marketplace stuff and see it all vanish one day

2 Likes

Yea, I’m almost the same, I have them each on their own 500gb M.2s and my user files on a SATA SSD 500gb.

I have more than enough space, just not all in one spot?

I think this is the way single sign on is working and it’s meant to make things easier for us. Never heard of wiping account stories though. Sounds really horrible, but can happen everywhere in the digital universe, Apple, Dropbox, you name it, so not exclusively with MS accounts. So what’s the point you are trying to make? No offense, your remark just made me curious.

My PC didn’t pass the minimum requirements to install W11.
But my B550 motherboard from Gigabyte has a TPM connector so i just ordered a TPM 2.0 module, problem solved, and Windows 11 will install anyway.
Cost me a mere 12 Euro…
My intel 10th gen gaming motherboard passed straight away so that’s ok.

I can’t imagine that MS is going to require RTX 2060 or above graphics cards for Windows 11.

Your link shows all Nvidia cards back many years.

I’ll need to purchase a TPM 2.0 module also.

What I read is that these cards will support DX12 Ultimate. I guess that Windows 11 will support lesser cards. Haven’t searched for that info though.

How on earth can a TPM module make your PC Win11 compatible? :rofl:

1 Like

Whats so funny about this?
It’s mandatory to have one, otherwise it won’t install.

Click link. It was a joke :wink:
Or at least an attempt…

1 Like

Well, now i get your “joke” :laughing:
Sometimes I’m just to serious…

2 Likes

Why anyone would question or doubt whether one of Microsoft’s flagship games would run on Microsoft’s flagship operating system is beyond me.

11 Likes