MSFS2020 is featuring in Windows 11 official announcement video

I saw the question somewhere around here. I thought it was really cool that the sim actually made it to the video!

It was cool indeed. Although I would have been downright shocked to see their product video not showing off MSFS.

Your motherboard should have an option to enable ‘ftpm’ in bios. I have a b550 aorus master aswell and I enabled that option and my system is now windows 11 ready.

1 Like

Detailed requirements for Windows 11 from MS.

WINDOWS 11 REQUIREMENTS
Spec Requirement
Processor 1GHz or faster with 2 or more cores on a compatible
64-bit processor or system on a chip

RAM 4GB

Storage 64GB or larger storage device

System firmware UEFI, Secure Boot capable

TPM Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0

Graphics card Compatible with DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver

Display HD (720p) display greater than 9 inches diagonally, 8 bits per color channel

Internet connection and Microsoft account

For Windows 11 Home edition: internet connectivity; Microsoft account to complete
device setup on first use

For all Windows 11 editions: internet access to perform updates and to download and
use some features; Microsoft account for some features

Also:

Feature-specific requirements for Windows 11

• DirectX 12 Ultimate is available with supported games and graphics chips.

• DirectStorage requires an NVMe SSD to store and run games that use the “Standard NVM Express Controller” driver and a DirectX12 GPU with Shader Model 6.0 support.

I don’t know what this “Direct Storage” as a feature means.

From the @GhostlyFrend link below, it is a PC with Windows 11
and FS2020 on a NVMe SSD and FS2020 has it enabled.

“With a DirectStorage capable PC and a DirectStorage enabled game, you can look forward to vastly reduced load times and virtual worlds that are more expansive and detailed than ever.”

DirectStorage

LOL ordered one just because there wont be any if I didn’t … and I think I had one, forgot what it was and chucked it?

Edit: remember to check your pin outs, I almost ordered a 17 pin when I needed a 14

I’m worried how long it will still be supported on Windows 10… Hopefully no shenanigans as with Windows 10 requirement for MS store games.

Anyway I have till fall to enjoy the game, then the headaches will begin. Never a good time when a new version of Windows comes around, but maybe ps5 and series x will be in stock by then.

I would be amazed to see them stop supporting it until Windows 10 EoL in 2024.

This MS Tool Said my PC could not run Windows 11. I suspected it was because of TPM 2.0 being required. I went into my motherboard’s UEFI menu and turned on ‘trusted computing’, restarted and checked again and it passed. My MB is MSI MAG Z490 Tomahawk.

If you MB is fairly new, it probably just need trusted computing activated.

2 Likes

Early beta download next week, and as a public beta in July

There’s nothing forcing you to update if you don’t want to. Windows 10 is supported until 2024.

I know, not planning to either. Yet it still manages to screw things up when MS is switching to a new OS. Plus I was planning on getting a new laptop end of the year, bound to come with win 11.

Your motherboard doesn’t support software fTPM? Usually even if you have a TPM connector to install a TPM 2.0 module, you can select to switch between a physical TPM module or software-based TPM that uses your CPU instead. If you can use the CPU, it’s practically having the same TPM but without plugging in a physical TPM module.

When I built my Intel PC, I thought that if I want to have BitLocker encrypt my SSD I need to have TPM installed. So I ordered a TPM module from my store, but when I looked through my BIOS, I can just set it to PTT mode, and it uses my Intel CPU to manage the protection, and then I can already use BitLocker simply on PTT mode, so I technically don’t need a physical TPM module anymore, then I contacted my store and cancelled my order.

1 Like

I don’t get the point of this app says my pc can’t run win11 but doesn’t tell you why, that’s helpful.
I have an i9-9900k rtx 2070 64gbram plenty of storage space. (found my motherboard has no tpm module)

It is most likely because Trusted Platform Module (TPM ) is not turned on in your motherboard BIOS. Look for SECURITY then TRUSTED COMPUTING and enable it then try the test again. Different MB companies may call it something different, but it will be close to what I posted.

2 Likes

After looking into it my motherboard Asus rog maximus hero (wi-fi) doesn’t have a tpm module fitted so don’t have the trusted computing option. I run a command in powershell to check also.

Have had to pre-order one as can’t see any in stock for the uk all sold out. hopefully get it before win11 comes out, no rush though win10 be supported for a while yet.

No need to be nervous, Direct Storage is just an optional new feature that takes advantage of new high-end hardware. If you don’t have the hardware then it won’t be available and everything will work the same way it does currently.

1 Like

All you need to be concerned about is meeting he minimum requirements. The stuff under the Feature-specific requirements for Windows 11 are the requirements if your want to use these features. Otherwise, if you don’t meet these requirements but you meet the minimum requirements. You’re still able to run Windows 11, but some of these features that you don’t meet will not be usable for you.

2 Likes

Looks great looking forward to it and any benefits to Flightsim from it (DX12) :slight_smile:

I have an ASRock MB, and it has a 17 pin TPM header. So far, so good. If I buy one and install, my next question is what happens next when boot up?
Also, I read somewhere that there can be a bios setting under security - in my case, there is an INTEL Trusted Computing enable/disable, currently disabled to support a ‘security device’ - does that mean a discrete TBM module or is TPM provided onboard the CPU, as I read can be so in cdertain cases? To be honest, I’m a bit nervous of both options. Anyone able to advise?