MSFS2024 November 19th, 2024

I hope new 777’s are in game.

The “third party planes” are essentially third party developers acting as 1st party developers for the sim. Microsoft paid for these planes to be developed ahead of time, the third party developers develop them and turn them over to Microsoft. Those planes are then included as part of the sim.

The planes shown in this trailer are planes that will come with the sim, or at least in one of the editions. Third party developers may have developed some of them, but they do not retain rights to sell them individually. Microsoft owns the rights.

You will not see anything in these trailers that are a third party product.

4 Likes

Sure hope LIVE weather will have the same effects…

We finally got MSFS2024 before GTA 6

3 Likes

its all about activities and missions and challenges! i dont see anything for the simmer! unless i missed it

4 Likes

Absolutely true. In fact, strong rumors that aerosoft’s “”“new”“” CRJ will be one of the first…

2 Likes

You didn’t miss it. They used the trailer to tout the new features like careers and new planes. Typical of a Xbox Showcase for a sim sequel. Focus on the graphics and the newest big feature.

This is common practice for Xbox showcases, like a new Forza sequel may focus on a new feature like changing seasons, or evolving track conditions and changing weather (MS has literally done both in previous years).

We have Flight Sim Expo for the core simmers.

Looks great and I love the career mode. November will be here pretty quickly I bet :sunglasses:

1 Like

Looks like a brand new version of JFK airport.

Well the A-10 warthog at least did not originally start development for 2024, the developer (DC Designs) originally announced it for MSFS 2020, but then went silent on it for months until the 2024 trailer released where they gave a vague hint that it was theirs’s without saying it directly.

Jorg finally confirmed it was from DC designs in the last Dev Q&A.

Hello @TOLOWTERRAIN723,

The career mode activities are very much designed for “the simmer”. Everything you can do in career mode will be a simulation of a real-world flight operation conducted daily by actual professional working pilots, not a “game-like” fictional activity like flying through imaginary floating rings or whatever. Our team has worked very closely with actual organizations which conduct these flight operations such as search & rescue, coast guard, aerial firefighting, and more to ensure Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 simulates these ops in the most accurate and true-to-life manner.

Also, in case you missed it, Jorg and Seb had a very detailed presentation about Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 at FSExpo last year. They discussed many new features and improvements that go far beyond just the pilot career mode. You can watch their talk on YouTube here:

Between now and November 19, we will be revealing much more information about Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 to the community, including answering some of your most common questions. We’re confident core simmers will be very excited with what we have to share.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

53 Likes

This is exactly what real world simulation did and is doing more and more (aviation, law enforcement, medical emergencies etc.)

2 Likes

Chuck Norris. Duh.

And the clip “explore the world” so yeah, you missed it :wink:

2 Likes

Isn’t it hilarious how folks convince themselves the next MSFS will cut all FLIGHT SIMULATION? :joy:

I swear their superstition is at least as old as the internet.

16 Likes

Oh really!? That would be great for us Xbox users to finally have crj. Any actual info on this somewhere?

@flymonkey3801

Im expecting to hear the same things we heard back in 2019.

2 Likes

Now that I think about it. I’M as old as the internet! I actually remember the before times. :laughing: But I get what you were saying. Carry on.

1 Like

MSFS 2020 is running on the very old fs9 / fsx engine. MSFS 2024 is a brand new engine… which is why it’s even a thing to begin with. Nearly all of the current issues… are because of the old outdated engine.

3 Likes

They’re promising nearly full backwards compatibility with nearly all of 2020’s addons, so it must still be pretty close to 2020’s.

Plus they said they’d be back porting some 2024 features to 2020.

6 Likes