MSFS2024 November 19th, 2024

you are saying that the world will look like that clip?
thats not just for selected locations and missions?

thanks for the video, but he says priority 1 will be activities, this is kinda what i meant, i get that there will be other improvements as well, and thats awesome and most welcome of course… but there will be a heavy emphasis on activities

1 Like

I hope that I’m not hijacking this thread but, I wonder what the price would be for the MSFS 2024, and wonder what the system requirements would be.

$11 bucks a month on game pass sub. Otherwise probably similar to all Xbox titles $69.99 for base then possibly two tiers like the deluxe and premium deluxe we saw in 2020. Only time will tell, could be at FSexpo we learn more, and in the coming months the teams will give us all the details.

1 Like

I’m sure the price will be less than any of the peripherals and gear strewn all over my desk :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Given it still has to run on xbox I doubt the requirements will be much different to MSFS2020, other than probably greater internet data usage due to streaming more.

3 Likes

Although this is to be proven as yet, internet usage is said to still be able the same as the current sim. Currently, all sim objects loaded, all size textures are loaded. If an object is 1/2 mile off to the side of you and you never approach it, you probably only need the smallest texture size. By downloading only the textures that are needed at the time they are needed, it is said that the usage will be roughly unchanged.

Now again, that was the premise stated last year. We need to see that it holds true. But it is not 100% positive that internet capacity will change.

It was an attempt at a joke. You asked what jobs. I answered Joe and Steve, as in “Joe jobs” and “Steve Jobs”… [cricket, cricket, cricket]… I’ll… get my own coat…

6 Likes

Those real life jobs look so gamey. /S

I mean, they are literally recreating tasks RL pilots do everyday and people think they aren’t commited to simulate? Also, free flight will still be possible, very improved, because there are a bunch of changes in the engine to improve physics and flight dynamics. The fleet will be probably 2x larger (again, that’s amazing for people that like free flight).

The reason they choose to showcase the career mode is obvious, in 2 minutes it’s easier to show this aspect of the simulator.

10 Likes

Fair point. I’m sure though he said at FXExpo last year that bandwidth required when playing could go up as they are streaming more stuff overall, while content downloaded would be a lot less (e.g. world updates streamed instead of downloaded).

Agreed, but I believe the gap will be wider between a high-end PC vs the Series S (and that’s not a bad thing).

My personal observation: The good news is that MSFS2024 will run on the current Xbox platforms, which is also beneficial for PC users. This implies that the quality seen in the trailer should be achievable on PCs with mid-range hardware or hardware that’s a couple of years old.

I also love the real-life liveries and the more lively airports. It takes the immersion factor up a notch. Overall, I’m impressed and look forward to more details in the coming weeks and months.

3 Likes

The career modes look good, but I’m guessing here that it will only be playable with default aircraft. They’ve got NPCs (none player characters) interacting with the aircraft in lots of different ways. That must surely need to be custom coded.

Now I’m sure many of these default aircraft will be really good, but many of us love our 3rd party planes. I hope they can be made to work some way.

2 Likes

Bush trips that come with WUs, they use default planes. But 3rd party and freeware developers are able to come up with bush trips that can use other planes. I’m pretty sure missions will be able to be developed that can use other than default planes.

1 Like

True, but bush trips don’t have any special animations like a medic loading a stretcher onto the plane. Hopefully Asobo give dev’s a way to create their own mission animations.

1 Like

It’s like the GSX, the aircraft/airports developers need to update those so they work as intended, but I wouldn’t be so concerned about that. I’ve been using FSEconomy for years, and the persistent world or the economic aspects might work for all aircraft. Visual features might require the 3rd party devs update their aircraft/airports. But again, I wouldn’t worry much, we need more info to understand how those will work.

1 Like

Yeah, I feel like this time they really should look to better integrate 3rd party aircraft into the other activities.

Understandable they didn’t in 2020. There were no addons upon release.

MS wins by better integration of 3rd party planes because if leads to more Marketplace sales.

2 Likes

With the release in November, I wonder if they are skipping the Alpha Insider testing like they did with 2020.

Wonder if the ingame ATC has gotten any “upgrades” or do we need VATSIM or 3rd party softwares for offline flying with traffic.

Visuals sure look good.

Oh, ok. I didn’t get the joke.
But seriously, what jobs can we expect?

Did you watch the new trailer at the top of this thread? :thinking:

It gives a pretty decent glimpse into what careers/activites we can expect.
Red Bull Air Race Pilot
Commercial Pilot
VIP Charter (Private Pilot)
Air Ambulance (Fixed Wing)
Agricultural both fixed and rotor wing
Aerial Advertising (Banner tow)
Helicopter Search and Rescue SAR (Hoist Ops)
Cargo Pilot (Fixed Wing)
Cargo Helicopter (Slings)
Aerial Firefighting both fixed and rotor wing

As well looks like passengers in a balloon ride/tour. Military pilots, storm chasing, bush piloting and with a new ‘photographer mode’! :camera_flash:

1 Like