Multiplayer: Players disappearing or not visible at all

I always use the Southeast Asia server, and it occurs both day and night.
If the time of day is relevant (i.e. due to server load), then please take advantage of Azure and provision a server in each region.

2 Likes

It occurred before SU5. It’s still going on.

3 Likes

Same here, shared animation lost (Gear up/down- flaps etc etc) close formation is impossible due to aircraft disappear in 2 minutes or so. Before SU5 all goes well
Please fix that

2 Likes

This is really annoying when trying to fly formation with a friend.

6 Likes

So same thing for me.
I would like to vote for this topic, but the site says I can’t vote (no more vote) but I have never vote for something :frowning:

4 Likes

Im having rn this problem. And the only solution to this is disconnecting your device from wifi and restarted

2 Likes

Hi BernardBx,

The reason you can’t vote is because you are still a “new member”.
Once you become a “member”, you will be able to vote.

In order to advance to Trust Level 1 (TL1) - Member, you must:
Enter 5 topics
Read 5 posts
Spend at least 15 minutes reading posts
At TL1, users will be able to:
Voting: 10 active votes allotted. If the topic is closed or archived, the votes are released to the users and can be applied to other topics but the vote count on the topic remains.

2 Likes

Ran into the problem this last weekend where the aircraft closest to you (usually the people in your formation) randomly disappear, both in “all players” and “group only.”

Please fix this bug soon, otherwise our flying groups are at risk of losing momentum. It’s sad and frustrating trying to fly with others when you can’t see each other.

10 Likes

This topic really needs more votes. It’s arguably the biggest bug in the sim right now.

17 Likes

It doesn’t even seem to be on their radar. Really need to get the votes upped on this, and submit zendesk tickets if you can!

9 Likes

I’m ALSO having these issues. Just wish they’d offer a refund like they did for Cyberpunk. The game IS broken and HAS BEEN broken since release with an entirely incompetent team at the wheel. I’ll say it again, the FSX team should’ve been hired to build MSFS 2020— NOT a new team. CTDs, connectivity issues, mod-breaking updates, settings that change themselves. Virtually unplayable. UNREAL.

2 Likes

I have the same problem here at high altitude on world map can see satellite imagery and other players zoom in further and broken offline mode. So frustrating. Reinstalled 4 times. Nothing in community folder. Stopped again tonight.

2 Likes

Same trouble here. It has destroyed my formation team’s ability to reliably practice or perform. We noticed the problem started about 10 days before SU5 was released.

8 Likes

Same here, and just to be clear, it’s not that planes fade out when you’re about to “hit”.
Multiple planes just pop out of the sky when flying in groups, at “safe” distance. Impossible to stay in formation or just follow along with friends because of this. Sometimes they disappear for several minutes.

7 Likes

Attempted some more plane chasing, always the same thing. Get too close, plane disappears. Power through, attempting to leave it in your shadow, enough distance, the plane reappears. If you managed to guesstimate course and speed to stay within the general vicinity, it eventually shows up close.

Meanwhile, if you start out with a group, since you all take-off from nearby, the group generally stays cohesive and responsive, for the most part, anyway.

Considering behavior in the sky, for example rubberbanding and the amount of it, combined with the current issues, it seems the game partitions the area around your plane in concentric cylinders or spheres with different update/sync rates, and transitioning between them seems to be broken (see the example above, of a) disappearing in front and reappearing in the rear, and b) showing up after guessing where it flies).

This needs to be fixed, because it’s ridiculous.

4 Likes

I have the same problem as well and it’s really frustrating for me! Mainly because I just recently started joining group flyin’s and its very frustrating to keep loosing track of those I am following!!! End up being far behind often. Very frustrating too as I have trouble because flying in VR makes it very difficult to manipulate the autopilot and other knobs and dials and buttons, switches, is bad enough without loosing sight of everyone else

I voted

4 Likes

I have the same problem.
I know that the display limit is “50 aircraft at the same time”.
But I think it’s a disappointing change to not be able to see the aircraft in front of close range.
This can be a big problem when flying in formation.
As MSFS is a “multiplayer flying” specification, this is a serious bug.

I hope this can be fixed in the future with display options.

11 Likes

Voted. Happening so often recently makes group flights very frustrating and almost pointless to attempt!

10 Likes

They should probably start putting some connection quality metric next to the player name in the grey banner. Maybe that’ll help discerning what’s going on (like the game putting people on wrong/bad regional servers when set to Auto).

If I’m following a larger group centered around a streamer, I can typically approach them from far and have them not disappear.

But if I’m trying to chase randoms in the sky, all hell breaks lose. Just now I tailed a guy that disappeared intermittently, just to be able to catch up and get close by the time he’s approaching the runway, just to disappear forever 200ft before touching down.

This is annoying as heck.

2 Likes

Nearby: gone again, back again, gone again, back again 

Far away planes can be seen. Up close it looks like a coincidence, sometimes one, sometimes the other aircraft disappears. It’s annoying

2 Likes