Multiple problems - license cannot be authenticated?

Hi!

I am struggling with multiple problems, and I suspect now that they may have the same root cause.

So, the symptoms are:

• Error message on startup, saying my lisence cannot be authenticated.
  • On the main menu, it says I’m online, but i cannot get a list of servers. It only says “Automatic”, and the loading wheel is spinning.
  • Live weather is not working.
  • I have a plane, purched from the marketplace, which is missing.

It seems that the problems are related to some connection/communication issue. I have tried reinstalling the sim, logging out, rebooting and logging in again, and to redownload the missing plane from the marketplace, but without luck.

Any thoughts?

First thing to try, open the Xbox app on your PC then log out and log back in again.

Thanks, but I have tried that as well. Logged out and in on Microsoft Store, Xbox app and FS2020. With reboot in between. No luck.

Try this troubleshooter:

It worked! I have tried the first items on the lists multiple times, but I didn’t try to make a new Windows profile.

Since my original profile was connected to my Microsoft ID, my new profile had to be local. After making the profile, I could sign into Microsoft Store, and FS. All of the listed problems are now gone.

PS: I did not have to re-download FS, as I feared I’d have to. I just chose the existing FS-folder when installing FS on the new profile.

Thanks!

1 Like

Nice to hear that it worked, and that it didn’t need a reinstall. :+1:
I had to do a reinstall a couple weeks ago, and I am still working on getting rid of stutters that I didn’t have before then!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.