Multiple screens functionality

Wow. A year and a half of this being one of the most requested features and… nothing.
Well, guess we have to keep on waiting!
GG

1 Like

Pathetic that they still haven’t fixed this, sick of nvidia surround garbage

1 Like

Wow! Tried this and it works! I have now popped out both PFD and MFD on two other monitors and the framerate is still high! Thanks for the tip! :grinning:

1 Like

For me DirectX 12 is no option because of a severe drop of FPS.
I don’t now why some people has this and others not?
Is this because of CPU or GPU configuration?

I must admit I do get FPS-drops now and then, but the convenience of popping out the PFD and MFD to my second and third monitor without cutting my FPS in half outweighs the cons. Of course I’m still hoping that Asobo can make this all work by this year.

I would be happy if we could get an implementation of Simultaneous Multi-projection (SMP). This feature can also be activated in the racing simulation iRacing, but (unfortunately) only works with NVIDIA graphics cards. Activating SMP not only removes the distortion effect, but also improves performance. I have about 20 FPS more in iRacing.
By the way, VR users also benefit from this feature.

But whatever the solution will look like in MSFS, I hope we don’t have to wait that long. :wink:

1 Like

I am running DirectX 12 - " then pop out as many gauges"

How do you do that? I couldn’t move any. I am running three monitors

Yes that is The Question :slightly_smiling_face:. Lots of variables, lots of testing, that will do it.

For popping out gages for the gentleman who asked:

• just hold down the LEFT ALT key on your keyboard and hover above the gauge (for example G1000 MFD) and left click - cursor should transform into a circle with a plus sign that shall indicate the “popoutable” gauge
1 Like

Ditto. Instant 15 fps drop across the board for me with DX12 and stutters more than Ozzy Osbourne on downers. Pop out a window, and my frame rate plummets into the teens. DX12 doesn’t prevent any frame rate drop or me when popping out a window. It makes it unusable.

It seems this isn’t a solution for everyone atm. Perhaps once they get DX12 working more universally this may be the solution. But for now, it seems only a few people benefit from it. The general concensus so far on DX12 is that for quite a lot of folks, it results in lower performance and more stuttering.

3 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

Ok, I just updated to the latest nVidia driver. I was using a slightly older version (497.29) prior. It would seem that on the latest driver, I’m not getting the frame drop I was with the older when using DX12. And frame rate stays pretty much the same when popping out windows too. This is indeed good news!

The down side, however, is that the stuttering is just as bad with the new driver as it was with the old one, with or without popouts. It makes flying like that very unpleasant when I know I can get a smooth frame rate using DX11. With DX11, I’m steadily GPU limited. With DX12, I get constant CPU spikes and it goes from GPU to Main Thread limited with stupid high frame latencies.

This is definitely a step in the right direction though. If they can smooth out that DX12 performance, this is going to be a game changer for many folks.

The DX12 implementation right now is experimental and basically you’re beta testing it for Asobo if you use it… it’s clearly not optimised. Most people seem to have lower FPS using it. But P3D moved to DX12 and performance increased significantly and continues to increase as they improve it… OTOH, the first couple of releases were plagued with crashes due to DX12 too. It’s a much less ‘managed’ API and it’s easy to shoot yourself in the foot with it.

Therefore i leave it where it is, in the beta state.
DX11 is it for now. After the next update i will try it again.

Wow… It’s been a long while since my last message on this missing feature and I see it’s still missing! Well, for me, I moved on to the Quest 2 VR and the immersion and 3D is so good that I will not go back.

I also swapped my 3 monitors for a Samsung 49" Ultra Wide 1440p monitor (basically 2 16:9 monitors side by side) and whenever I use it in MSFS, I can still see the bad side distortion and I wish Asobo would fix that.

Anyway, loads of bugs involving this sim yet, I still keep coming back to it.

You’re pretty much stuck with that permanently. There’s nothing they can do to remove that distortion. The wider your viewport is, the more distortion you get.

Assuming they do the multi-screen thing right, that will be the only way to get rid of said distortion.

Of course, you’re onto VR now, so this doesn’t really matter any more.

For PC Flightsim users: Just invest on a nice ipad then use:

Or buy a $100 Android tablet and use SpaceDesk.

1 Like

Multiple Screens – here is a Tip that might save you money, buying a promoted Video card utility, when windows can do it already for you.

Move THE FOCUSSED ON APP between Screens.

SHIFT-WINDOWS-LEFT_arrow

(or RIGHT arrow)(

1 Like

Another aspect of multi monitor support that might be of interest is the main menu GUI. I really like the new GUI, however in my diy B738 simulator where I use three 65 inch tvs, it is very hard to use the GUI as my view of monitors are limited. To select the fly button I have to poke my head out the FO window to see what I’m doing.

One solution that comes to mind is to have the GUI as a webpage which can be accessed on a tablet or similar, instead of having to add an additional monitor just for the GUI.

6 Likes

Hello,
i am also waiting since a long time for the Multi Monitor View availabe.
Really, i expect the Functionallity like it is in X-Plane, which is really perfect.
I hope Microsoft is able to make it perfect like this.

Matthias

4 Likes