Multiple screens functionality

And another one….

Looks like you have very low fps? or is it the video clip?

Clip. FPS is good.

The fps are good because each pc is doing its own calculations and do not get disturbed else than what it has to display
Only it is expensive because you need 3 xbox accounts and 3 simulator copies etc two of the computers are running in client/slave mode and slew along where the main pc goes.
But this man has alot of fun with this setup im sure, and even if it lags he will search and find a way tto make it less laggy by diving into configs of the airplane he wants to fly and change his pitch, bank and heading view by adjust initialPbh settings (its located in the camera.cfg of the desired plane.

@harriskong i hope you do well and thanks for sharing these video’s

This setup is not to support MSFS 2020 specifically. I have used the same setup since P3D v4… and with X-PLANE 11. The difference is the Xbox accounts… if there is a way to legitimately provide us the software for use under 1 account that would be welcome. Of course you will always need something like WV… except with XP11… network pc is provided as a feature in the basic version and it works well. P3D has it … but it’s provided in the advanced version at a price that’s not for the private flightsim community (WV also works on P3D). On the inter-pc latency side… buy a cheap 1000gb network switch and hardwire… no issue.

1 Like

It’s to expensive for me.
I wait until Asobo give us a multi monitor option like X-plane.
On X-plane i have 50 fps with 3 monitors and no stretching on the left and right monitors.
On MSFS i have 48 fps with 3 monitors but disturbing stretching on the left and right monitors.

1 Like

That looks really, REALLY nice. Your side view looks easily on par with my XP11 setup. I have the hardware. Guess I might need to buy myself two more copies of FS 2020.

Thanks a lot! :rofl:

Yes we need the fully functional G1000 especially, with all it’s controls, to be in a separate window. And the yoke MUST be functional while I’m mousing in that window, or any other window - I use Plan-G as reference while flying, esp. for Nav Aids, and it’s totally unrealistic and really hard to fly since the yoke is disconnected whenever mouse is out of main view window. It’s a total joke that the yoke is disconnected even when mousing in FS2020’s own “VFR map” window!
Separate windows should be available for non-G1000 radios, autopilots and engine controls.

I just noticed this from the Q&A 25th of may: :slight_smile:

Jayne – You said that in the last Q&A, you said you might be able to give more details about multi-monitor support. Will it be present in Sim Update 10 or a basic feature? - Timestamp

Martial – At least, it will be present in the flighting. It’s done for the rendering part. We’re still having some issues with the interaction model when it splits on multiple screens. But it will definitely be in the flighting, and we will gather some feedback there. And if it working well enough, if it can be shared with everybody, it will be pushed in Sim Update 10, yes.

4 Likes

If im reading that correctly, then your going to have 3 identical monitors running, so that kinda of scraps the idea for me…

I have my fingers crossed that multi monitor will be in sim update 10

1 Like

That would be so awesome. Thats the only thing that keeps me at P3D.

1 Like

I don’t think that it will be implemented in SU10, because they have not mentioned that. :cry:

Me too!! 2 years for this…

1 Like

You’ll need/want 3 (or more) identical (in size and resolution) screens if you want to create a wrap-around cockpit on par with XP11 and (soon) XP12 . I/m curious as to why it scraps the idea for you?

This is my wraparound p3d/fsx desktop. As you can see its fully wrap around, and there isnt 1 single monitor (even the 2 21" there had difference geometry) that is the same, but still worked flawlessly.

So if we cant get this level of multiscreen support then it wont work for me, there is no way Im buying 2 more 55" tv to accomplish what you see in the pic. Not to mention furniture to hold the extra 2 55" displays as well.

This uses the blank screen display selection, and then the alt 1-9 2d instruments to be placed anywhere on any screen…The two side screen were set to look ahead, the each of the side monitors were resized and turned to give the proper view. Then the 2d instruments were added and placed on the screens where I wanted them. It was a great setup worked great with decent fps, better then I can get on a better machine and display with this…

2 Likes

Not exactly my idea of a wrap around cockpit, but if it woks for you…

Mine is more like in this video:

Well I had the card that could do it and AMD something or other, and I had about 10 extra monitors laying around from kids and grandkids updating the machine. So I was able to with only the cost of cables hook them up. I dont need to build the entire cockpit, whats above was more then adequate.

Dont get me wrong Id love to build one of those mega cockpit from back in the day, using multiple PC’s and screens and proper seats and, but didnt have the room, or the $$$ …

1 Like

The AMD card would make one big monitor (I do that for rFactor 2) using what they call “Eyefinity.” I can do that with FS 2020 too but the sides are distorted (stretched). I’m using an AMD RX 6700XT.

With XP11, you have control over each monitor independently, and in all axis. It’s wonderful. Even if you don’t like XP11, you should look how it’s done in that program and hope FS 2020 allows the same flexibility with each view. That’s what I want in FS 2020. :grinning: If they can do that, they’ll have nailed it and I’ll be one happy camper. :smiley:

" using multiple PC’s"

We shouldn’t need multiple PC’s. I’m using 3 monitors on a single card (RX6700XT) with an i7 10700k, 32 gig DD4 on XP11 and it’s smooth as a babies bottom. I see no reason FS 2020 can’t do the same.

1 Like

You can buy a second 55inch tv screen and a mirror, then you will see 4 screens while you look your twin brother copilots eyes while giving him the good ole understandable look.

1 Like