Music comes on briefly when launching the game even when music is set to Off

If I turn off the in-game Music it still always comes on for a few seconds when launching the game and then stops abruptly. Then it reappears maybe once or twice for just a second and then it’s properly off.

I think it is just sloppy programming/fix.

Afaik the abillity to not have music in the startup is a ‘feature’ added/fixed after user pressure.

Technically it must have something to do with that the program just starts loading, and the usersettings are loaded and implemented later in the load. So to put some bandaid they maybe ‘take a look at the user settings’ here and there during the load (after starting music as default) to then cut the music if the usersettings say so. - Hope my ramble is understandable. :wink:

1 Like

The music is completely turned off, but half way through the startup loading screen the music starts to play, sometimes very short, sometimes a little bit longer. This happens since the beginning of msfs.

When released you could not turn off music at all. Then after a patch they said that now you can. But it seems instead of removing the starting of the music they have made a duct-tape patch that somehow close the music at a later state in the load sequence. Therefor you will hear no music, very short music or even a bit longer all depending on your load speed. - I’m just guessing but the music is not off, it is starting and gets stopped.

2 Likes

Im convinced there is a process continually running, that plays the music even if the volume is zero, and occasionally it pops up during the game. Wish they’d allow a setting to just turn it off so no resources are consumed by silent music.

1 Like

This would explain the strange glitch I get at application start where I hear a burst of music that then cuts off.
It’s really short. A fraction of a second. But it’s there.

2 Likes

Hello all,

this not play music sequence within load of sim is so not important thing than sim has now not have fixed and require to have.

I had this start happening to me yesterday (after in Hindsight), I had X’ed out of MSFS.
Took over an hour of frustration to determine what had happened and to get it fixed.

I am still not 1000% sure, but it seemed an error in one or more of the configuration files, that are saved when MSFS closes down, got corrupted, and so, every time I was starting MSFS, it was with a corrupted configuration file, that cause all sorts of issues, from music cutting off after a second, to no sound in the game (apart from radios), to random CTDs.

Still not sure it it were my local config files, or a combination of local & server files.

Finally got it fixed, by a chance startup where I removed Internet during the start process.
I was then able to go in and correct some Option setting, and then re-connect with the Internet connected.

To be honest, I tried so many things I am not sure what finally fixed it, but I did finally manage to get it fixed, and back to its normal Sound + NO CTD state.

I am now keeping a backup of the “FILES” in “Local cache”, in the hope that if this happens again, restoring to a good working set of Configuration files, may be a quicker way to restore correct functionality.

If only MSFS came with a User Manual !!!

1 Like

Whu, Whu, Whu, What?

@ blueline308

Better now? :slight_smile: You looks like owl, don’t you?

I don’t understand why people require to have some things that can be omited, really I appreciate to have sim at better level, what plays on background I don’t care, my opinion.

LOL… yeah sure. Whatever you say.

1 Like

It IS Important as a SYMPTOM of something that has changed, broken, or corrupted.

I had music playing issues, that suddenly occurred, and tracked it down to a corrupted file, that when fixed, corrected the other problems in the sim.

@ N6722C

Thnx for opinion,

better than owl sounds before. Interesting. I’ve set OFF music and then I hear only for a while after start of sim. I have different experience, if something isn’t ok I hear music still ON :slight_smile: (it can be in case of not loged in XBox or net problem) so then I have feedback about problems. Look, different experience, isn’t it? :slight_smile:

It would seem that everyone has different experiences, and many pilots are still being “Left Behind:frowning:

1 Like

Same here, but my music volume is set to 20%. On load I get the 100% volume briefly before (I presume) it then applies the user’s setting. It starts every session with a cheap / buggy / shortcuts-were-taken feel to the product.

1 Like

It also happens if you select a different menu music than the default, it will play Color 1 for a few seconds before swapping to the correct track (and then again in the middle). It is indeed a matter of failing to load in the user’s preferences for a few seconds. While it’s not a major issue, it shows a lack of polish for the start-up sequence more than anything.

1 Like

This bug is still there, would be nice if it finally got fixed.

It is actually worse now for anyone using a different menu music selection, the default one plays for its full duration before switching over. Have to say I’m surprised they didn’t tackle this along with the major UI refresh for the Xbox.

1 Like

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
No

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
When the menu music is disabled in the game, it is indeed off, but when launching the game for the first time, there are two occasions where the music does start, and then perhaps 0.5 to 1.0 seconds later, it then stops. Very minor, but it did shock me when I had my sound up loud and was not expecting a 0.5 second blip of music :slight_smile:

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
na

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Disable game music. Close the game. Launch the game, listen for the music play for a brief period and then stop.

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
MSI Gaming Z RTX 3080
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
SN850 drive

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Steam

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
No

I think that’s just how the game loads the settings. The settings that we set are all stored in the cloud under our Microsoft/Xbox account. This includes settings like your control bindings, and your sound settings.

I believe when you start the sim, the sim still in the process of downloading your settings from the cloud, this means until that settings are fully downloaded, it needs to base itself from the default setting, in that case the default music. Once the cloud setting are fully downloaded and applied, that’s when it reads that you set the music to off, and it turns off the music.

1 Like