Just a quick note: Iāve tried HAGS ON and Game Mode ON and here are my observations:
-
This doesnāt seem to make much differences to me with motion smoothing on (anyhow I believe HAGS will be much more beneficial with DX12, along with threaded optimizations on)
-
However I might get a little bit better perf with motion smoothing off. It didnāt feel like struggling as much with fixed rate 45 but what Iām reporting here is only perceptual, not measured.
-
I get more fluid and faster asset streaming with HAGS OFF though (in other words it takes less time to refresh the sides when turning the head quickly)
-
I wonāt try HAGS ON + Game Mode OFF (enough combos to test)
-
Iāll probably revert back to HAGS OFF and Game Mode OFF like Iāve suggested first, because it seems to me more consistent whether I use motion smoothing or not.
-
all the above could also be a lot of placebo, again, this is only a perceptual report!