“General Options”
“Traffic”

“Aviation Traffic”
Turn Off “Aircraft Traffic Type”
Turn Off “Show Traffic Nameplates”

“AI and Multiplayer Traffic Detail”
Turn Off “Use GenericPlanes Models(AI Traffic)”
Turn Off “Use Generic Plane models(Multipalayer)”

Had been shutting down after 6 to 8 minutes of starting a flight for 2 days.

Has been running for 40 minutes without CDT so far. 1 1/2 hrs now out and around EGLC maxed out Utra 4K 2D 45 to 50FPS, beautiful detail.

3+ Hours now around London and NYC. Consistent FPS 45 to 50 at 1,000ft in MSFS 172 from JFK to Newark and down Central Park. I say this was MY fix. Now to try my G2.

Others may or may not experience a similar result.

2 Likes

Seems to have worked for me too . I was getting CTD every 6-8 minutes and seems ok now. Only tested for 30 minutes but no sign of trouble so far.
Thanks for your post.

1 Like

had also CTD after CTD since SU5…Now it is all gone. What i did?
Deleted all TESTPILOT and XBOX Liveries ( 3GB!!) But this was not the clue i think. What helped also to an better Performance is:

Unsinstall your Nvidia Drivers with DDU ( Display Driver Uninstaller )
Clean, custom Install the of the old good one Nvidia 457.30 Drivers. ( only the Drivers → check "reset Settings )

All Problems gone! No one CTD since then…give it a try!

Greetings
Martin

Glad it helped you PridedThread557.

Interesting. Did you have CTDs when clicking “Fly”? Cause thats whats hitting me. Im probably gonna try the driver install and such because Ive exhausted my other options, including a total reinstall.

The CTDs are so random I am not convinced there is a silver bullet just yet. I’ve had them before flights, during, after and even as soon as the sim loads! Tried removing mods, using different planes etc. Just had flight from EGKK to LFPG, all went well, then CTD as taxiing to gates! Frustrating as it then becomes difficult logging zendesk reports every time. I wish there was an automated way to capture and submit dump files. Would make it so much easier for the devs to bug fix.

Certainly appears there is no silver bullet. Using nVidia 471.41 without any problems.

1 Like

No, always 6 to 8 minutes iafter pushing fly now.

Unfortunately my CTD situation has become a freeze with no recovery situation. Haven’t hear anything from Asobo or MS about these issues. No doubt they will eventually show up and hotfix something like the disappearing spoilers and claim they reacted quickly and now everything is perfect.

definitively these guys do not know what they are doing
I will not use it till the next update and will see if this ■■■■ works

I had random CTDs on the MAP, by klicking FLY, after a view Minutes in Flight. Sometimes by klickong on Market Place etc. totaly Random. Now i have 3h of Flight and testing, seems to be gone.

1 Like

Thanks this has stopped the freezing after a few minutes. I still have other problems since the update such as autopilot GPS and Nav no longer working and Slew causing an immediate crash but this is a great improvement.
Update …still got a freeze after landing but that was 30 minutes so much better than before.
There is still something wrong going on.

1 Like

Thanks for posting.

Since SU5 I have suffered 2 issues; random freezes and CTD’s, both in menus and while flying. Your solution seems to have stopped the CTD’s following a quick 30 minute test flight. The freezes however continue (anything from a few seconds to as many as 30, then everything continues as if nothing had happened).

Needless to say, before SU5 I had only suffered a couple of CTD’s since the game was launched last year, and they were addressed almost immediately with software updates. Let’s hope this can all be fixed quickly with a “HotFix”.

I’m using Live Traffic with nameplates enabled, with no problems. Not a single CTD today.

Thank you very much, I followed your instructions and now he doesn’t give me the CTD anymore.
Exceptional friend, thanks again
Paolo
:muscle:

1 Like

locking 30fps and turning off ai and multiplayer traffic seems to have solved my CTD at least so far. Had 6 CTD in a row before and ran solid for 45 minutes after the changes.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.