My endless CTD, CTD, CTD problem

After formatting my NVME drive, installed Windows 10, default Windows Defender AV, no logitech plugin, SpaxNet installed.

CTD after departing LXGB with default a320.

At least now I can get to the menu. Haven’t installed ANY addon or plugin yet.

Not even nVidia Stuff.

3 Likes

Thanks mate!
Just a question: do you mean Xbox or Xbox Game bar?

xbox app
This happened at that time and looks like MSFS had changed the launch logo or image and may have been in the initial phases that caused the issue.
Same launch image now does not cause that…

Had all the same issues. Too frustrating when all you want to do is fly. Went back to my old setup.

Prepar3D
PMDG 737
All the add ons, active sky, vatsim, fs2crew, pushback express, virtual scenery

Hardware
CDU. Screen pops out for CDU
MCP
EFIS
all from open cockpits
FSi panel 2020
Navigraph
Sim brief
Orbx central

Not one ounce of trouble flying, taxing landing . So much more enjoyable.

Bin MSFS

I have had CTD’s since the beginning. Sometimes SU have improved the situation and sometimes it got worse.

I have enabled “resizable bar” in my bios now and I think it made a difference.

Maybe give it a try to see if it helps.

If it was a power problem his entire pc would more than likely shut down. Not only that he’d definitely have these issues with other sims/games

1 Like

I finally ended my CTD issues!!!
In my BIOS the clock for my RAM was set to 3200. After setting it to AUTO the CTD’s where gone. Worth trying…

Optimize Windows 10 - clear 12 caches - make it faster - free up a lot of disk space

Helped me!

so, disabled XMP mode :slight_smile: Sounds in meanwhile like a common issue for users with AMD cpu.

Can you please check the Taskmanager in which Speed your RAM now works ( Taskmanager → Memory Tab → right bottom ) ?

Yeah my RAM speed is way down to 2667MHz… They should be 3400s

not “should be” , more like “can be” :). XMP is OC and that the memory can handle 3400 does’nt mean that your CPU ( in special AMD ) or your mainboard can handle it too. But in case it is that kind of RAM I expect, you have possible two XMP profiles you can choose - a faster profile and a bit slower one. May be you can try the second profile ( you can check your profiles e.g. with help of CPU-Z in Tab SPD ).

A post was split to a new topic: Sim Always CTD after An Hour - Help Needed

I’ve been having CTD when finishing a flight and then going to the Main Menu.

1 Like

I’ve found that turning AI Traffic off and using Live Traffic cut down any CTDs tremendously. I’m using setting Nvidia to DSLL helped as well. I’m running an i-9 13900KF (64Gig Kingston Fury Ram) on an MSI board with the Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090. Still weeding the small amount of CTDs out.
ANOTHER BIG HELP: If you have Adobe Products (CC, Photoshop, Lightroom, etc.) DISABLE them in Task Manager and or in the Adobe Apps as well. If they do background updates, they will knock the sim out.

Have you double plugged your motherboard, cpu and gpu? That is, when your psu has two outlets for the same component, use both.

Ok, since doing the following, I have had over 6 flights out of 6 in the last two days that have NOT crashed to desktop! YAY! Here’s what I believe helped:

1. Changed Mouse, Keyboard, and Thrustmaster Flightstick all to USB 2.0 ports. (disconnected from USB 3.0)
  2. Stopped all other Apps, i.e, Adobe Products, etc, in Task Manager. This way they can’t do updates while I am using MSFS.
  3. Changed Traffic (airliners and generic) to LIVE, NOT A.I.
    And that’s pretty much it. Hopefully all my CTDs are now gone! WISH ME LUCK! :smile:
1 Like

On a similar theme to your number 2., for those suffering these issues, it might be worth checking that apps that might come from your MOBO manufacturer aren’t always running in the background. Personally, I’ve previously had issues with ASUS Sonic Studio causing certain software to CTD, but I suspect that might not be the only potentially risky piece of software that might be getting automatically loaded into memory.

2 Likes

Same problem but not fix :person_facepalming:t2::person_facepalming:t2:

UPDATE: Today I flew from KMKE (Milwaukee) to KLAX (L.A.) for over 5 hours straight, in the FlightFX Vision Jet, WHILE RUNNING Little Nav Map in the background (to track the flight, traffic, etc.) and had NO ISSUES! No more crashes to desktop, no sputters, etc. Only small item I did have was after mid-flight I couldn’t hear the sim ATC. I have my Co-pilot running the radios, and could hear her responses to ATC, but had to open ATC window to see what they were saying as I couldn’t hear them. Anyone else have this issue?

Cannot hear ATC instructions and other aircraft suddenly while AI copilot still responds - Bug Reports & Wishlist / ATC, Traffic & NAVAIDs - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums might be worth you checking out, if only to reassure you that others are indeed experiencing this issue. :slight_smile:

1 Like