My endless CTD, CTD, CTD problem

I’ve been having CTD when finishing a flight and then going to the Main Menu.

1 Like

I’ve found that turning AI Traffic off and using Live Traffic cut down any CTDs tremendously. I’m using setting Nvidia to DSLL helped as well. I’m running an i-9 13900KF (64Gig Kingston Fury Ram) on an MSI board with the Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090. Still weeding the small amount of CTDs out.
ANOTHER BIG HELP: If you have Adobe Products (CC, Photoshop, Lightroom, etc.) DISABLE them in Task Manager and or in the Adobe Apps as well. If they do background updates, they will knock the sim out.

Have you double plugged your motherboard, cpu and gpu? That is, when your psu has two outlets for the same component, use both.

Ok, since doing the following, I have had over 6 flights out of 6 in the last two days that have NOT crashed to desktop! YAY! Here’s what I believe helped:

1. Changed Mouse, Keyboard, and Thrustmaster Flightstick all to USB 2.0 ports. (disconnected from USB 3.0)
  2. Stopped all other Apps, i.e, Adobe Products, etc, in Task Manager. This way they can’t do updates while I am using MSFS.
  3. Changed Traffic (airliners and generic) to LIVE, NOT A.I.
    And that’s pretty much it. Hopefully all my CTDs are now gone! WISH ME LUCK! :smile:
1 Like

On a similar theme to your number 2., for those suffering these issues, it might be worth checking that apps that might come from your MOBO manufacturer aren’t always running in the background. Personally, I’ve previously had issues with ASUS Sonic Studio causing certain software to CTD, but I suspect that might not be the only potentially risky piece of software that might be getting automatically loaded into memory.

2 Likes

Same problem but not fix :person_facepalming:t2::person_facepalming:t2:

UPDATE: Today I flew from KMKE (Milwaukee) to KLAX (L.A.) for over 5 hours straight, in the FlightFX Vision Jet, WHILE RUNNING Little Nav Map in the background (to track the flight, traffic, etc.) and had NO ISSUES! No more crashes to desktop, no sputters, etc. Only small item I did have was after mid-flight I couldn’t hear the sim ATC. I have my Co-pilot running the radios, and could hear her responses to ATC, but had to open ATC window to see what they were saying as I couldn’t hear them. Anyone else have this issue?

Cannot hear ATC instructions and other aircraft suddenly while AI copilot still responds - Bug Reports & Wishlist / ATC, Traffic & NAVAIDs - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums might be worth you checking out, if only to reassure you that others are indeed experiencing this issue. :slight_smile:

1 Like