My house in MSFS 2020

My house in Autodesk REVIT vs in MSFS 2020

Why does my house look so different? I think Asobo and Microsoft need to work on the house algorithm a bit more.

Can Asobo incorporate side view data (where available) to get a more accurate representation?

Any way of converting Revit to MSFS 2020?

Hope my property value doesnt decrease! Haha!

1 Like

If you live in an area without photogrammetry coverage, buildings are AI generated. The footprint will match the real thing and typically the roof colour. The rest will be fictional.

You’ll only see aa reasonably accurate representation of your house if Bing has photogrammetry coverage.

5 Likes

And seeing your name, I can tell you that if you live outside of the 5 largest cities in Canada, there’s no photogrammetry for your area.

Just out of Vancouver and a five min drive to the US border.

In life there is often a shortfall between expectation and reality. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

29 Likes

You can check Bing Maps and find your house there and see if it has photogrammetry data. There’s photogrammetry coverage for parts of Vancouver, but not others. So it would really depend on where you live. And it also depends on when that data was added. They haven’t updated the Bing data in MSFS (outside of areas touched by the world updates) since well before launch.

Currently photogrammetry coverage for the sim in Canada is quite bad and sparse. But that’s because that’s the way it is on Bing. Until MS decide Canada gets some MSFS love, it’s not likely to change. In my area in eastern Ontario, the sim shows low res satellite imagery that’s almost 10 years old in some areas, despite the fact Bing has some super high res data that was added in the last year. There are areas north of the city that show textures with snow on the ground despite it being 35C here.

1 Like

No personal attacks please. Flag posts that you believe violates the Code of Conduct. Focus on the topic, not on each other.

The world is a big place. Hoping Canada, Vancouver and Chilliwack will get some MSFS love in an update. Will have to find a way to convert my model to MSFS.

1 Like

I assume you’re kidding here
:wink:

That’s actually amazingly close if you’re looking at your house from an airplane. It even got the right style roof and the brick of your garage :slight_smile:

1 Like

Canada is the equivalent of the red-headed step child of the USA. I’d be surprised to see our country getting any attention any time soon.

4 Likes

Considering that, the photogrammetry for Ottawa is pretty good IMHO…!

Ottawa, Toronto and Montreal are all outstanding. Some of the cities out west are a bit “patchy” with spotty, intermittent coverage.

Please check your Private Messages (click on your Avatar upper right).

As a new user you’re restricted initally.

Here’s what you need to know…

Appreciate the info!

lol, i minded right is real before look at minute hahahaha… wait a minute… they both are digital what the heck hahaha… ah, i see, left is revit model of real

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.