My moon is gone

Hello.

Since the last update (SU10) my moon texture, including the lighting its causing, seems to be missing. Resulting in a pitch black night.

Any idea how i get it back? What files are responsible for the moon?

I guess its the stuff in

AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\fs-base\texture

I have moon textures in there. But most of em wont display with preview. But other bmp files do that too, so i guess that may be np. But why isnt it showing anymore?

Are you sure the moon shoud be showing at the location/date/time you are flying?
It’s on a 28 day cycle.

1 Like

I know, thanks :slight_smile:
I switchd through 2 whole weeks and various months. Its gone.

Anyway it was never this dark. One cannot see anything at all anymore. Absolute 0.

Oh well, it was just a thought, may have been something obvious you had missed :slight_smile:

Have you tried it with all addons removed, just in case it’s caused by one of them?

Its the location indeed. Not easy to make the moon appear there.

Just tried it in various places in Germany and the darkest i get would be this

So all is good. Just not used to this pitch black night, never flown here in this time ^^

here a link where the moon is located with a video Moon Phases 2021

(flying right now and no moon on the sky where i located, as of this post right now)

thank you.

Its not the moon, no. But there is another issue that made me think its the moon. SOmething is messed up with my eye adaption and that makes it so bright.

Will open another topic.