My Sunday's Experience: Lots of CTD, Solved by DX11->DX12

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No, I never used dev mode or changed anything on the sim.

Brief description of the issue:

I had several CTDs starting with 1.24.5.0, with error codes 0xc0000005, in the module “FlightSimulator.exe”. These CTDs I managed to mitigate (still happened from time to time) by following the instructions on another post: (1) setting affinity (MSFS not running on my Core 0 and 1, which are automatically OC in my PC , (2) setting as low priority. I managed to do 4 flights and get one CTD on average in 3D world during flight. Most of the time at the start of the flight.
After 1.24.9.0 (May 13th on), I started getting CTDs already on the GUI, everytime I changed the TAB or sometimes clicked something. I managed to avoid GUI CTDs by (3) stopping the explorer additionally to point (1) and (2) above.
Then now comes the new CTD: Everytime I entered 3D on any acft, CTD.
Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: FlightSimulator.exe, Version: 1.25.9.0, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: d3d11.dll, Version: 10.0.19041.1620, Zeitstempel: 0xadc1f892

The module now is the d3d11.dll, not anymore the FlightSimulator.exe as before. Application was still the FlightSimulator.exe

I reinstalled almost my whole computer (lol) on Sunday, ran 2 hours of hardware testing with OCCT and MSI (will send you guys my electricity bill by running my rig with full power doing tests). All normal and perfect on hardware and windows. Flew DCS, BMS and IL-2 while doing tests and all good and stable. I also turned off EVERY OC in my PC, checked and rechecked the 27+ steps of the famous post in this forum:

But nothing.
Then after 12 hours of my last Sunday, 27 CTDs, I decided to change to DX12 and it worked out. Did already some flights, it is a bit choppier (my impression), but CTD is over (3 flights so far)

HOWEVER, I cant run the IVAO software, I cant run any add-on, otherwise MSFS CTDs in spite of tweaks above.
I will probably uninstall MSFS after that last Sunday. I have spent 300+ Euros in add-ons above the MSFS costs, which I cant use at the moment. I wish I could buy and fly the PMDG 737, but not a chance. More important is the TIME lost here. I am a 45 years old â– â– â– â–  who does not have/want to spend 12 hours on the weekend to debug a software. In my free time I want to seat in front of my rig and simply fly. Thank you, DCS, BMS, IL-2 and XP.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Dont have.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

For example, open MSFS in build 1.24.9.0 and click on the hangar. Click one or two times “end” to change acft and then CTD happens.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Moved to #self-service:install-performance-graphics which is more appropriate :+1: