My VR Experience

I just tried out VR a few moments ago. All I can say is that I was impressed. I have a higher end machine, so I’m not sure what other’s experiences are, but all I can say is wow. Thanks Asobo.

1. The VR implementation is rock solid. I have the HTC Vive 2, and I’ve never come across a game that implements VR switching on/off so easily. It’s exactly how I wish all games were implemented. A simple keystroke and I can turn it off and on. It was so seamless. I didnt have to go through 10 VR menus to start the game. I do own the standalone store version though.

2. The mouse works in 3d. Thank you Lord ■■■■■ for making this work the way it does. I’m so glad I don’t have to use the controllers to mess with stuff ( although that may be interesting if supported! ). I could just use my hardward setup ( HOTAS, etc ) to control the aircraft. It was very intuitive!

3. The immersion was fantastic. I even got the jitters in the belly taking off, and when I would come to a complete stop, my body would anticipate the forward brake stop feeling. It was wonderful. I flew in IMC conditions to test out how well it performed… great landing ( although scary ).

My only gotchas I ran into are a strange flashing shadow when looking sideways oout the windows, a little bit of jerky head movement ( going to try adjusting my base stations ), and blurry HUD ( might just be my brightness settings ).

I think if they can optimize the head movement… it would be pretty much perfect.

Great job, and thanks for working on so many fixes.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Discussion: Sim Update 2 (1.12.13.0)